Norris197

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no clue what you mean... If your doing it for your Shodan grading, i would do basai dai, just because EMPI is too high a level for shodan... but if you are competing in a tournament and feel comfortable with empi i guess you could do that. A good empi will score higher than a good basai dai.

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

ah yes you guys learned higher rank katas.. I personally would chose Ji'in just because im familiar with it and Empi is an extremely demanding form.

Best of luck to you

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

Without knowing much about the individual kata, I would choose the one that has the biggest variety of techniques and is considered the hardest to perform. After all, you are meant to be showcasing your skill. Make sure you go with one you feel comfortable with.

Good Luck :karate:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Empi is a personal favorite of mine. I would go for it. When I tested for Shodan we were required to run either Bassai Dai or Jion. Now students have the choice of running any Dan level kata they have learned. If you're comfortable with Empi, why not do it? Have fun and run it well. Good luck.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

We have a choice between, empi, jion, hangetsu, kanku-dai and bassai-dai. Generally people tend to choose bassai-dai, i know thats the one i will be picking, despite being quite good at the others...just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk