• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Meditation

KyleM

Hi, i began karate last week and at the same time decided to make meditation a habit aswell.

After around half an hour of concentrating on my breathing alone i can stop doing that and just remain silent in my brain if you know what i mean. As soon as i do that i start to have things pop up as they would after just closing my eyes, except these things aren't chaotic and my eyes are no longer flickering under the lids they are perfectly still. It is almost like (well its exactly like) i can replay the days events, or weeks or months clearly. Also i can somehow internally practice my kata. Is this what one hopes to achieve when meditating?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, I've always attempted to remain empty when I meditate. It's not to say that thoughts don't come into my head, I just acknowledge the thought and let it go.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 2 weeks later...

i use sleep as a form of meditation, just before i go to sleep, i recall the days events and what i wish to acomplish tomorrow, i dont know if my way is the way meditation works, or yours is. but ultimatly, i belive meditation is what you make of it.

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"