• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which Gi for me?

Rebel Zero

I need a new gi, and am somewhat overwhelmed by the sheer variety on the Net. I've eliminated Takaido and Shureido as too expensive. I've been looking at the Juka Silver and the ProForce, both heavyweight gi at about 12 oz.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these two brands? Or can anyone make a recommendation? I want heavyweight, but I don't want to go over 12 oz.

Thanks for the help.

RZ

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello, Many brands has many prices and quality of Gi's. Usually they come light weight, medium weight, and heavy weight (usually canvas).

We use Pro Force and other brands too. The Pro Force medium weights is very popular among our students. The light weights seens to NOT last as long. The heavy weights...I think too thick and heavy for everyday training.

As you progress in your training and talk to others what they like wearing you will learn what is good and NOT!

One day you may find yourself investing in the quality GI"S. It is like wearing a suit from JC PENNYS vs one from a top of line store. A $300 dollar suit feels so much better than a $100 suit.

If you find the ones you like? ...you may want to get another one too!

Then you won;t have to laundry everyday.

Century is OK too! Now for the pants...I DO NOT LIKE THE TIEING TYPES ONES.... elastic wrist lines works for me w/ the pull strings.

...Aloha

I have a Juka Silver and I think it's OK, although a bit overpriced for what you are getting. I know you don't want to go over 12 oz, but the heavier uniforms are indeed better values since they last longer, and the marginal cost over a 12 oz uniform is small.