• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hirota Pinack

I just received my Hirota Pinack, it is very light Gi, The kamikaze Sovereign seems to be a medium weight almost a heavy weight!!!!!!! The pinack has 30% polyester and 70% cotton.... so the fabric is soft and thin.... Good look, great feeling.....

Jimmy Rancourt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So you wouldn't say it has sweat absorbing properties such as Nike Dri-fit? It's just a very high quality gi that is very light weight, but holds its shape like a heavy weight gi.

The reason why I ask is I have just got the Tokaido NST and, although I have only worn it twice, I am beginning to suspect what I have described above.

"i dont know the Nike dri-fit"

Companies like Nike, Addidas etc. a few years ago started making shirts etc with a synthetic type material that is supposed to absorb the sweat more effectively and keep it away from the body. Generally, those shirts are more expensive than the normal cotton ones. You know when cotton t shirts get wet, they tend to stick to your body; dri-fit is supposed to limit that as I understand it. The Shureido New Wave is supposed to do a similar job, and I've had one for a few months now and I'm fairly happy that it does.

"Do you like your Tokaido NST, I think the NST is in 100% cotton"

Yeah, I think that is correct, but would have to check to be 100% sure. I've only worn it a couple of times so too early to say anthing about it. It certainly looks very nice and is very light. It also did not shrink much (maybe a cm) the first time I washed it. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks. It does feel new and like it needs to be worn, and washed a few times.