• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Increasing Backfist Speed

Xepher

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello, NOT sure this will help for speed? ...but always bend your wrist for the whip like action at the end (hitting thru the tarket).

(not need for point sparring most times)

Let see? : as the arm is extended out and back fist hits or hitting the tarket, bend the wrist outside for more power and devatations.

as with many punches the KEY is to stay relax until impact (tighten the muscles will only slow you down).

Setting up your techniques will give you a little more chance of getting in! .........Aloha

The key is technique first, and then work on speed. Try doing reaction drills with the technique; have a partner hold a target pad down at his side, and have him flash it up. When he flashes it up, you strike it as fast as possible.

Using some hand held weights, or a cable machine, for resistance, at slow speed with controlled motions, can help to improve the technique and the muscles that work the technique.

• 2 weeks later...

Careful not to try to move so fast that you end up telegraphing your backfist. Better to snap a quick but reasonable one they don't see coming.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.