• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just got my cool new gi

blackxpress

It just came in the mail. My brand new heavyweight Kamikaze. I love it. I've been wearing a heavyweight Century that I never did like that much. The trousers are O.K. but the top is like wearing a big piece of canvas. It never did fit that well. Had to have it altered before I could even wear it. It's always so wrinkled it's embarassing. Looks like I just drug it out from under the car seat. I've tried ironing, fabric softener, hanging it out in the sun. Nothing can get the wrinkles out of that thing. I also have a lightweight Century that I got when I first started training. Never did like it either. I always admired the Kamikaze gi's my Sensei wears so finally broke down and ordered myself one. Tried it on and it fits perfectly right out of the bag. Did I mention I love my new Kamikaze gi? Can't wait to get to class tonight. Amazing how excited I can get over a couple pieces of cloth.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Gi's are all not the same. The material it is made from can very. Canvas is very strong and heavy (but comes in differents weights too).

The more expensive Gi's are ususally better quality canvas an/or other materials. (cotton).

Alot of light weights..usually do not last long too. Maybe you will want to try the MEDUIM weights uniforms. (Always stay with a name brand).

Have any of you try the TOKAIDO uniforms? I have been using Macho uniforms and like them very much (MED) cotton. (All black)

They are many colors to choose from today, before it was just Black or white. Many karate have different colors tops and bottoms. (they say for katas' it, if using black and white...stay with a WHITE top and Black bottoms, the other way around does not look as good in forms.

Tokaido...one day...may get one or two?

Have you seen the breathable ones too? ...Aloha

what kind of kamikaze do you have???? America, Monarch.... and is it Tokon brand or kamikaze on your label, If it's kamikaze ''karategi'' on your label, sorry body, but you don't have a real kamikaze from Germany but it's a copy from pakistan... sold by KamikazeUSA or Canada????

Jimmy Rancourt

The label says "Kamikaze" at the top, has a picture of the sun in the middle and the word "Line" at the bottom. It was shipped from Canada. Don't really care if it's a real kamikaze from Germany or not. It's a real nice gi and I like it a whole lot better than my other two.

Hey, whatever works right? :) I remember getting my first heavyweight Tokiado gi after having one of those rinkey lightweight ones... They're definitly worth the price.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Kool congrats, hope it will last long enough for you.

the best fight is one that doesnt happen