• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Malaysian martial arts conditioning training.

http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=7802397296848793215&q=malaysian+martial+arts

The above training methods are really brutal. I believe this must be one of the toughest styles to stick to. When we complain about too many press ups, that kick was too hard, remember the conditioning these guys & girls go through.

I will never complain again whilst training if i possibly can, i will use this video as a reminder of how hard real conditioning is.

Interesting find this and i wanted to share it with the martial arts community!!

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, I saw a lot of body conditioning there, but not much in the way of MA training. I am of the persuasion that there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. I am not sure if this is the right way or not....

I guess if you want to learn to get hit, it works.

I'm speechless. I don't know whether to be impressed or appalled.

When training gets to that point, I would just prefer to buy a gun.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

All I have to say is... Ow!

Not sure whether that is the right way to go about it, how old was that person at the start? Looked like a kid to me, then there's the machete type thing in the after 3:30 :(

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I'm speechless. I don't know whether to be impressed or appalled.

When training gets to that point, I would just prefer to buy a gun.

With respect,

Sohan

I agree with you here, Sohan. I want to learn defense, not how to get hit. I know how to do that already. :roll:

I wouldn't train anyone to learn to cross the street by letting them get hit by vehicles. To me, this kind of training seems to go right along with that kind of thinking.

To be honest guys i had to turn it off half way through cos i found it a little scary lol. Surely hitting someone in the chest and throat like that can be dangerous, plus you could tell it was hurting her! I think i agree with Sohan on this one.....where's the gun?

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I firmly believe one should learn to take a hit, there's a point at which this can greatly help you in self defense situations. Someone who knows exactly what a good punch to the face feels like won't panic when they do finally get one in the face while defending themselves.

This goes way beyond that, this isn't learning to take a hit, this is simply masochistic.

Why did they, even with such insane conditioning methods, continue to neglect our weakest point, our head? I can get punched and kicked in the body and arms all night, first time i took one to the head my sensei could have done anything he wanted to me for the next five seconds. It stunned me and stopped me in my tracks, and that was only a backhand slap.

And whats with them all looking like cheesy B grade MA movie bad guys? and the hand kissing cult thing?

"Don't eat muffins when i'm developing you!" - Black Books

I suppose it has to do with the beleifs of this traing method. I also Agree that a little conditioning to be able to take a hit is a god thing. But the master guy was whacking on the students with a blade thing ^.^; that goes a little too far for me....

-experience is good when you are forced into a fight,a fight can be hard on a first timer-

-i once got punched in the gut by a big guy once and it no longer affects me like that-

-I also, at one point had half my bottom lip torn in a fist fight without feeling it- (so half my bottom lip was just hanging there >.> with blood too)

ok..with these facts, I'm starting to think Ima freak >.>;; No offence ment to any who would take that as offencive..ok i'll shut up now >.<

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee