• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

could anyone teach me the knowledge of doing push up?

bangkaliliang

if i train push up with single band means i dont need to practise double hand push up anymore?

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What do you mean by training with a single band? Is that an elastic band exercise, or something like that?

Regardless, I think that push-ups still have training value, so doing them will be beneficial.

What do you mean by training with a single band? Is that an elastic band exercise, or something like that?

Regardless, I think that push-ups still have training value, so doing them will be beneficial.

I think he meant single hand. Typo.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I think he meant single hand. Typo.

With respect,

Sohan

Could be. Either way, I think that both would have merit. I am sure you could do more reps with both hands, so therefore, you get a different workout. Variety is good.

thanks a lot, i realise that my waist and chest is tired after doing single hand push up, but my hand dont have the tired feeling, i think i should do more both hand push up again, thanks a lot ;)

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

Hello, Just want to share this story. Have your heard of the person called the JUDO GOD? MR. Masahiko Kimura

When he was a 13 yearold student (he was a rascal)...he did something to the teacher desk. The teacher caught him and give him scolding. He than want to beat up the teacher, BUT his friend said the Teacher is a 1st degree black belt in JUDO.

SO the young man said I going to learn JUDO so I can beat him up.

By age fifteen he was taking JUDO and doing 300 push-up per day and training 3 hours long. (Japan) Pre-World War 2.

He was becoming a champion JUDOist. He started winning alot Judo tournments in Japan. Then he lost to 3 of the best master in JUDO.

He wanted to give-up...but his friends talk him out it. Then he started doing 900 push-ups a day and train for 9 hours everyday.

By doing this...he became UNBEABLE...No one could win against him....But the after the war...Japan change and he went into wrestling..and was ask to leave JUDO...He had a family to support.

He is still consider in Japan as the JUDO GOD! You can become like him...just gotta do 900 push-up per day and train for 9 hours...off course his had natural abilities and the right body built for JUDO.

Hope this will help with your push-ups...today there is so many varietions to them. This is for building the upper part of the body.

==============================================

For the lower legs....(from Matt Fury Books) Just do 500 squats a day and it varitions too.

=============================================

So to be better : Do push-up's (at least 100 per day and work your way to a 1000) and for squats..try a 100 per day till you reach 500).

for myself...I try to do them as often as I can....pretty soon I will reach 12 per day(push-ups) and for squats....UM? ...maybe 14? ,...just kidding..........Aloha

PS: Remember to become better...you must do the excerise's that will help you reach your goal...and than when you reach them..extend them more and more.....ONE day you will be able to do more than anyone else, and become the best by yourself.

a quik question, i can do push-up and our sensei rather enjoys subjecting us to what he calls crocodile jumps. these are very good for strength training but i havent a faintest how to do them!

basically ur in a push-up position with ur elbows tucked in not stretched out as in a press-up, so u shud only be a couple of inches off the floor. The u "jump" from that position left 3x the right 3x and up and down 3x and that counts as 1. our aim is a mininmun of 3 sets of these!!!!

i can get into the position shortly before my super! strong! arms tremble and i fall lol! what do i need to do to be able to perform this exercise?! im baffled.

You should still do some two-handed push ups. This will help with muscle symmetry. Also, when you do puch ups right, you are working more than just your arms. You are working your core as well and one armed push ups put the emphasis more on the obliques, while missing the muscles in the middle. If anything, to make mu push ups more challenging, either do them inclined with my feet on a bench, swiss ball or bed, or else I load a backpack with heavy books and do the push ups with that on my back. There are so many things you can do to mix up push ups, especially as a martial artist (think different hand positions like knuckles, shuto, fingers, diamond and wide)

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

Hello, The post above me mention something many people are starting to find out about.

Core: Core training, the center part of our body (between our necks and legs.).

By developing the core...your whole body will become stronger...and the parts will work more for you.

Look up on SEARCH (Core training).....you will be impress by there excercise progroms. At our Kempo system it become a part of our physcial training progrom.

Normal Full push-ups.....not many can do a hundred...BUT if you can? ...you will be better than most...........Aloha

• 2 weeks later...

variety is the key.

Narrow, normal, wide, fingers out, fingers in, one hand up, one hand down. Superman position, claps, dive bombers, handstand, claps, one handed, hands on a medicine ball, half pushups (floor then half way up, back down), elbows to the floor and back up, roll off to a side (elbow down, shoulder down, back up, etc.

All sorts of variations, doing only one type will isolate specific muscles and strengthen only on that angle, change things up.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!