• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Knocked down to White...

Been there, done that.

My suggestion to you is that when the colored belts of the Kempo class help you with material, just look at the movement order (i.e., forms order, etc.) and not at the move itself. Unless there are some serious technical differences, you will probably have a handle on the technique.

As far as correcting the techniques of the colored belts in Kempo, I would only do this if the instructor is ok with it. Otherwise, I think you are in a good postition to learn a lot of new things.

That was a perfect response. I agree.

I know how hard it is to start over again after getting a black belt, I have done it several times. I think that going back down in rank is one of the best parts of learning a new system. I am going to start in Akido next year and look forward to being a beginner, and learning this wonderful martial art.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Been there, done that.

My suggestion to you is that when the colored belts of the Kempo class help you with material, just look at the movement order (i.e., forms order, etc.) and not at the move itself. Unless there are some serious technical differences, you will probably have a handle on the technique.

As far as correcting the techniques of the colored belts in Kempo, I would only do this if the instructor is ok with it. Otherwise, I think you are in a good postition to learn a lot of new things.

That was a perfect response. I agree.

I know how hard it is to start over again after getting a black belt, I have done it several times. I think that going back down in rank is one of the best parts of learning a new system. I am going to start in Akido next year and look forward to being a beginner, and learning this wonderful martial art.

You can look at it from the Machado standpoint: "Leave your ego at the door."

I agree that this can be a tough spot- bushido man's post is some good advice. If you can concentrate on the technical, you can probably get through to a belt level where you feel more comfortable.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

There are two issues here:

1. Generally, the color belts in the Kenpo system are thinking they are helping... and they are trying to... However, it could leave a bad taste in their mouth if a white belt talks back to them. If I were you, I'd just keep my mouth shut.

2. Color belts are instructing you! Unless the BB instructor told them to, you should be receiving your instruction from them, not color belts. I don't let anyone below brown teach if I can help it.