TheUSPS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those videos looked pretty good. I liked the second one.

However, I wonder how many more techniques they could have blocked if they would have had their hands up?

Boy, that guy Hall can move. I notice a lot of guys getting punched or taken down after high or mid kicks. Lethal blows if they connect, but always a risk. I like his takedown move where he follows by punching the opponent's face through the legs. Domination and the end of the fight.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I didn't know Shotokan was so fast!

I think there is a common misconception that "point fighting" means "light contact." I think there is another misconception that "light contact" means "slower techniques."

lol fishy all martial arts incorporate speed, (that i know of) its all about hitting first, (tai chi u practise slow, but when u do it fast, it makes it uber )

its more about the practitioner than the style... these guys grew up in an era where martial arts were about learning how to survive, and people didnt sue for tiny little things, and nobody cried, etc etc... they trained that way... i find nowadays, martial arts have a name for being useless... because the real instructors out there cannot teach their art to its full potential and in doing so, bring out fake instructors, who though they think they are black belts, are really not... i wish theyd get rid of half the rules they have at tourneys, kids see a false sense of security in martial arts... they need to learn that a tournament and a real fight, are two completely different things

as for the videos, that is really cool... i will definately look into it... ooooorrr... kez could u be sweet enough to lend it to me when ure done

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

Imagine if he didn't stop every time the point was made.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.