• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music

for warmups we usually listen to lots of upbeat techno... (our warmups are kinda hardcore... depends on the mood of the sensei) and then when we do slow smooth like calming exercises, or like standing in say a horse stance (kiba dachi) for an extended period of time, he plays soft slow tai chi music

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i also would love to find some 'broken rythmed' music like what BL talks about, so i could train to move to its tempo etc.

discuss and stuff :P

Three words: Dillinger Escape Plan.

Some Tool works well for that too, or the more technical Cryptopsy stuff. If you don't require guitars, the more aggressive Aphex Twin and Squarepusher stuff works too.

Tool are my favourite band ^^

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

heavy metal was played a lot at the place I was at (with traditional Irish music randomly thrown in and U2...nothing like a good Irish brawl!). If you want heavy cheese but uber cool in a movie sort of way, sometimes by myself I listen to the 'Koto Brothers' and other 'movie-ish' music.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I don't make it a point to listen to music when I train. If some is playing, then that is ok, but I don't pay much attention to it, unless a song I like comes on. Then, I'll tap my feet a bit.

I tried to listen to music on the train. I end up falling asleep after too long

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt