Male VS Female sparring matches-PLEASE advise

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you guys recommend that I become a "head hunter"(go for head strikes) if I unfortunately have to spar with her again? and do you guys recommend a groin cup or a rib guard,cuz I see ALOT of people get punched in the ribs and it looks pretty painfull

so you guys recommend that I become a "head hunter"(go for head strikes) if I unfortunately have to spar with her again? and do you guys recommend a groin cup or a rib guard,cuz I see ALOT of people get punched in the ribs and it looks pretty painfull

If they are allowed. Although in a real fight you have to consider the possibility of breaking something if you are punching, it can do alot of damage. What is your Karate Dojo's policy on targeting the head? Usually Karate only allows kicks but...

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

If they are allowed. Although in a real fight you have to consider the possibility of breaking something if you are punching, it can do alot of damage. What is your Karate Dojo's policy on targeting the head? Usually Karate only allows kicks but...

we're allowed to hit everywhere in our dojo,but try not to hit the face and the groin,and the shin is permissable

I wouldn't say to "just" be a head hunter, the stomach, sides and back are usually also fair game. Also, usually I've only heard the term "head hunter" when it's applied to someone who kicks at the head(if this isn't the case, somebody say so, I'd like to know). Jabs, back fists and ridge hands are also effective head attacking techniques as long as you have control.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Also, usually I've only heard the term "head hunter" when it's applied to someone who kicks at the head(if this isn't the case, somebody say so, I'd like to know).

This is the context that I have heard it in as well, being in TKD.

Ok i am a girl, and in wednesday night training i was hit very hard in my chest by a guy. It hurt loads and i went to the ground with tears in my eyes. However at the end of the day it was an accident, the guy didnt purposly aim there (or i hope not anyway :P ).

I could have hurt him in the wrong place by accident! I do think it's a little harder for ladies because they do have bits sticking out there that guys don't, but guys have sensitive area's too. Ladies should get breast protectors if they are concerned. I don't because i feel its all part of it! :D

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I don't agree with hitting girls.

When I have to spar with them I work more on blocking and counters rather than the usual full-frontal attack which I usually use

When I strike back I pull my blows slightly, but with enough force to show I hit the target - usually head, back and sides

"...to stand between the candle and the shining moon..."