• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today-

3, 2 min rounds on the mitts. focus on slipping the jab and counter jabbing, add overhand, finsih with tie up to single leg takedown

3, 2 min rounds on the kicking shields. cover kick and return MT round, add lead 45 egree stomp to knee, finish by going to a collar tie and firing two knees, end with pull into choke.

25 min instructional block on taking rear mount. worked on getting hooks, hip heist. moved into defending rear naked and escapes.

5, 3 min rounds of free roll

Everyone had a 5 min round robin, 1 min with each fresh fighter. Then worked rounds on providing bodies for the guy in the middle as well.

Class with my sons at night.

- Concentration on the stretching/warmup exercises to get them into the routine again after the break

- Introduction of the back kick as a donkey kick, taught as a way to turn, kick, and run away from a stranger

- Certain self-defense techniques reviewed

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

1-5-09

Defensive tactics: 8:30 - 10:50. Opened up with some stick work. We are going to try to do a little stick work at the beginning of each workout. I plan on reviewing some material, and making something to hit with it. Then, we moved into doing arm-wraps again. I really enjoy working on these, especially the outside ones. With just a few options to practice, I have found that I like what I have to work with. The last 20 minutes of the session was spent reviewing Combat Hapkido, orange and yellow belt material.

Chest/triceps

Dumbell bench press: 50x10x3

Cable crossovers: 50x10, 50x8x2

Triceps push-downs: 105x10, 120x6x2

Abs

Cable crunches: 105x15x3

Cable trunk twists: 70x10x3

Treadmill: Jogged for about 15 minutes, and I got close to my mile. Running just sucks! :P

1-7-09

Jog with the dog. Not as far today, but I made an effort to get out and do a little.

Leg stretches

Front swing kicks

Kicking exercises lying on floor:

- roundhouse and side kicks

Class tonight for me, first since before Xmas:

- Freehand exercises

- Sparring combinations

- Certain kicks depending on belt level

- Hyungs

- Self-defense techniques

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

today-

crossfit:

5 rounds of-

3 weighted pull ups (35 lbs)

5 strick form pull ups

7 "kipping" pullups

back and bis

5 strick form pull ups

7 "kipping" pullups

What are these?

1-8-09

FL Front kicks: 5 sets of 5 on each leg. I did these while at work; its about the only kick I can do decently while in uniform. :D

Pre-TKD class warm-up

BL Front kick: 3x5 each leg.

BL Round kick: 3x5 each leg.

BL Side kick: 3x5 each leg. When kicking with the left leg, I had some trouble with the balance. I was hitching, or catching somewhere during the turn. I think it might have something to do with the pivot, but I'm not for sure yet. I'll be working on it.

BL Front kick on Powerline: 2x5 each leg. I got pretty good thrust out of them.

BL Round kick on Powerline: 2x5 each leg.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. Tonight was a small class, but I felt good. We did a few kicking drills with the Blasters at the end of class, which was a nice change. Some classes like that would be great.

Orientation: 7:00 - 7:30. I hadn't done one of these for a while, so it was kind of nice, for a change. It was only his second orientation, so we stayed pretty simple with stance walking, and doing a few down blocks and punching.

The kipping pull up is one where you allow leg swing and an ab pull to assist with momentum to aid in completeing a rep. It's real useful in both helping to complete a higher number of reps and developing core power.

today-

2 mile run

10 min of continous practice on shooting for takedown.