• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today-

4, 3 min rounds on the mitts, focus on defending then brining combos low. finish rounds with adding high power shots.

rotating 1, min rounds (4 rotations) using golve mitts and rib guard. work on cover, jab high/low. add cross low, other body shots. next round finish high and finllay add take down set up.

10 min review on longer scarf instruction from last time

9, 3 min rounds of free roll

Dojang closed till January 5 :bawling:

Yesterday w/ the boys:

I was able to review the four original wrist grab defenses they had to know to become orange belts, having learned how to help their little hands "control" my adult-sized hand and wrist from our instructor.

Today w/ the boys:

I was able to review the first three of the four new wrist grab defenses they have to know, but that fourth one needs our instructor to work with them. I can't review them on that one until they know it better.

Leg stretches

Ki Cho Hyungs (Il, E, Sam Bu)

Pyung Ahn Cho Dan

Chil Sung E Ro Hyung

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

This is a fun idea. Figure I'll post the occasional workout.

Aside from my daily warm-up and Sanchin kata, today was a kihon day. Worked on stances, footwork, and hand strikes primarily (stationary and moving). Did some work with Ten no kata, a few other kata, and some makiwara work.

Hit up the gym and did some heavy power cleans, push presses, squats, dips, and gripwork. Finished it off with some intense cardio for about 10-15 minutes and going to do some stretching and Sanchin before bed.

Reviewed w/ the boys:

Ki Cho Hyungs Il and E Bu

Sparring exercises 1 & 2

Leg stretches

Front Swing Kicks

Kicking exercises lying on floor:

- roundhouse and side kicks (done slowly)

Ki Cho Hyungs (Il, E, Sam Bu)

Pyung Ahn Cho Dan

Chil Sung E Ro Hyung

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

12-29-08

Chest/triceps/biceps

Vertical butterfly: 115x10, 130x8, 6

Overhead triceps press: 70x10, 80x8, 85x6

Barbell curls: 70x10, 80x8, 85x6

Abs

Cable crunches: 105x15x3

Cable trunk twists: 70x15x3

Treadmill: A little over 15 minutes, went a mile, and jogged most of it. I started walking to warm up, and moved into the jog, and was impressed that I could keep it going all the way through. My knees are a bit stiff, but I may try it again.

12-30-08

Defensive Tactics: 8:30 10:30. Warmed up with some rolling/breakfalling, and then moved into some stick work. After about 30-45 minutes of stick, we went into the arm-wrap stuff for my partner's DT class coming up. With the stuff we are working on, it is so easy to take just a small piece of it, and work on its variations and applications. I kind of like it, because I can take a skill or movement, and really take a chance to isolate it and work on it, along with various applications of it if things happen to change on you.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. We got to do a bit more of sparring drills tonight, which was nice, because we slowed down and worked on some reaction stuff. I need more of it, because I kind of stink at it.

today-

3, 2 min rounds of mitt work. focus combo finishing with elbows. add knees to end. then holder grabs second knee and hoists for single leg/high crotch, trainee counters leg takedown and finishes with a takedown of his own. We made use of the rib guard as to really pound the knees in.

20 min of instruction/reps of a double legs.

6, 3 min rounds of free roll from standing.

I took some extra time at the end to work reps on the double and single leg.

today-

6, 2 min rounds on the mitts. focused on defense, combos and integrating takedown defense and countering with takedowns of our own (progressivley)

20 min instruction/review of basic positon rides and escapes

10 min same of hip heist to take back

3, 2 min rounds of roll from knees

6, 2 min rounds of roll from standing (i focused on my shots)

2, 3 min rounds sparring on feet to ground, then grapple only

1, 3 min rounds, add striking on ground

15 min of spontaneous knife v. stick training

15 min of spontanous unarmed v. knife