15 min of drilling sweep series from guard

3, 5 min rounds naga rules grappling

crossfit-

3 rounds of:

1/2 mile run

50 back extensions

50 sit ups

11-1-08

Aikido class: 10:00 - 12:00. The rolling is getting better, and easier. Their breakfall style is giving me some trouble, but I am getting it, too. A few of the throws we did today, I didn't really like. The defenses were from behind, and we did one with a sankyo hold, and it was ok, and I had done something similar to it with Hapkido. We also did some Jo staff work defending a grab of it.

Class with my boys, and one of the children I was assigned to work with is a boy who's even younger than David and Patrick, but who is rather a quick learner, shown tonight when I did defense against wrist grabs with him.

Moment of the night: The children had to do an obstacle course, which included a "tunnel" made of body shield targets. Dad was clamored for to join in, and I somehow squeezed through the tunnel (on my belly), then did the hops (including calling out "I can do it!" like the kids), then hitting several squeaky things on a WaveMaster.

My face was probably beat red under the beard.

:D

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

today-

crossfit:

start running clock, 1 pull up in min 1, 2 pull ups in min 2, 3 pullups in min...ect until you can no longer get the requeste pull ups done. After yesterdays pull up marathon, I manged 10. Ususlly I do a bit better.

lifted legs

Do you do 100 pull ups at a time? Or broken up into sets? And how the hell did you develop your pull-up muscles so well?

11-4-08

I was driving home from my parents house this afternoon, and was finding myself falling asleep. So, to stay awake, I did finger closings with my hands to work my forearms, and also did lots of jabs and palm strikes.

Always broken up into sets on the pull ups, bushido man. On my best day out (and even those area few and far between) I can't max more than 20- 25 usually. My best ever was 29, that was a few years ago. If you're refering to some of the 100 pull up slogs, figure I hit the first set at 20 or so, then drop to 15, then I'm on to 10's until about 50. Then sets of 5 until 75-80. Then, it's 2 to 3 pulls, rest, repeat, suffer. I'm usually resting a minute or so between sets. So, it's not nearly as impressive as the final number would indicate.

As for the back strenght, I train it alot. It helps worlds while grappling. I also climb recreationally, so I think that goes along way. Although I don't get out now nearly like I used to in the pre-kid years. As for buliding the back up, that crossfit workout you referenced is a great way to start building the numbers up on the pull up.

As for today-

9, 3 min rounds of mitts. Combos w/ kick coverage to knees to takedown defense.

40 min of 3 min rounds of either boxing only or naga rules grappling, rotaating between the two and an "out" position.

If you're refering to some of the 100 pull up slogs, figure I hit the first set at 20 or so, then drop to 15, then I'm on to 10's until about 50. Then sets of 5 until 75-80. Then, it's 2 to 3 pulls, rest, repeat, suffer. I'm usually resting a minute or so between sets. So, it's not nearly as impressive as the final number would indicate.

Actually, Tallgeese, there's a weight-training system called "hundreds" that has the weight trainer do large numbers of the same exercise as much as possible, dropping the number of reps (some also drop the poundage) per set until hitting the hundred figure.

I understand that it starts out with a relatively low weight, but if you keep going at that weight, it weighs a ton ("suffer" to quote your posting) by the time you're reaching that hundred figure.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Home:

Leg stretches

WaveMaster:

- Front kicks, different types

- Crescent kicks, w/ and w/o step

- Roundhouses, w/ and w/o step

- Roundhouses, MT-type

- Side kicks, w/ and w/o step

- Back kicks

Class:

With my children. Another new special needs student added to class, a child who knows both my boys already and is the same age.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Still, tallgeese, 25 pull-ups at a time is a chunk. I'm still having trouble with one at a time! :lol: Now, push-ups, I am getting better at.

11-5-08

Push-ups: 25, 25, 20

Floor kicks

Side kick: 10 each leg

Round kick: 10 each leg

Hook kick: 10 each leg

Hook/round kick: 10 each leg

Hook/round/side kick: 10 each leg

That makes 80 kicks on each leg. The hips were complaining afterwards. Felt good.