The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

crossfit-

20 min, constant motion:

1/2 mile runs

pullups to max

repeat

back/bis

taught one on one with one of the younger guys today. OFcused on striking in combination followed by adding a takedown, to ground and pound work. 40 min total

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9-24-08

Open floor at the Dojang: 6:45 - 7:45. I did several froms and Do-Kangs several times, and focused on Yoo Sin hyung, too. After doing the form a few times, I focused on the section from the waving kicks to the nine blocks. I also went over my Combat Hapkido red belt requirements. Finished with stretching, and 3x10 push-ups.

9-25-08

Testing: I didn't test, but we had 5 that did. We started with a warm up, moving in stances, and then finishing with a run through of basics. I ran the floor for testing.

I always enjoy sitting on testing boards. It's a real fun time. FOr us, when it's a higher rank. BB's from out of town usually come in to help. That's a good excuse to see old training partners.

For today-

crossfit was

120 dips

120 pullups (Got to 50 w sets of 10. Then a couple of more at 5. Had to do assisted from then on out.)

9-26-08

Park

Pull-ups: 10, in sets of 2. Most were partial, some half, but I swear that first one I almost got a full pull-up in! I was so happy! :D

At home:

Ki Cho Hyung Il Bu

Ki Cho Hyung E Bu

Ki Cho Hyung Sam Bu

Pyung Ahn Cho Dan

At the dojang:

1. Drills focusing on the upcoming test

2. New combinations of what we have to perform for the test; a break from just test-preparation

_____ :karate: _____

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

At my first dojo, my sensei just promoted me to i-kyu and started teaching me Hidden Stick Form from Bando. In the other dojo, we've been preparing a lot for the upcoming Russian martial arts seminar. I've started doing more kata and laying off the calisthenics a little bit because I've been too sore. :D

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

At my first dojo, my sensei just promoted me to i-kyu and started teaching me Hidden Stick Form from Bando.

Do I detect respect for a woman's talents, and recognition of her abilities?

Congratulations on your hard-earned promotion. :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Sorry, no. It's him trying to keep me there. He tested me a whole month early and he almost never teaches that kata. It's most definitely a sales pitch.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

It's most definitely a sales pitch.

Because October's coming up, Chikara, and that's when your contract ends. I guess he has no problem taking money from a woman.

BTW, I liked the cat signature; the several lines were nice, but I missed the cat; "karate es el amor de mi vida" has class.

_____

Ki Cho Hyung Il Bu

Ki Cho Hyung E Bu

Ki Cho Hyung Sam Bu

Pyung Ahn Cho Dan--3X

Beating up BOB's face with jabs and cross punches from the high guard position I favor, paying particular attention to turning on the ball of the foot, whether jab or cross punch, as well as turning the body.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu