round robins at the end

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gakyu"? Funny, my sensei calls it gakun. :) They must have different ways of saying it. If you don't already know it, don't let your instructor make you work Daicho. :wink: We've been working on exactly the same stuff you've been working on KF Sensei! That's awesome! Were those your first classes in Aikido or were they seminars?

Lately, I've been working Sanchin a lot more. I'm hoping it'll give me stronger abs. :karate:

Maybe it was gakun. I didn't hear it too well. Yes, it was a seminar, and it was my first experience with Aikido. But, it won't be my last!

9-16-08

At the park, from the book Tae Kwon Do:

Attacking techniques

Back leg front kick, reverse punch: 10 on each side.

Back leg fient front kick, back leg round kick: 10 each side.

Step forward, back leg round kick, reverse punch: 10 each side.

I seemed to have problems with connecting a good punch after the kicks. I was trying to drive it, but it just didn't feel like much. Perhaps it was from punching air, but I'm not sure. I'll try in on a kicking shield sometime, too.

9-17-08

Open workout at the school: 6:30 - 7:30. I did all of my black belt forms; Yoo Sin x3, Se Jong, Gae Baek, Poe Eun, and Kwang Gae hyungs. Stretched afterwards, and then did some Combat Hapkido. We worked on the yellow belt material, and then did some trapping drills. After trapping drills, we worked some of them into the yellow belt techniques. It was a bit choppy, but we can get better.

today-

6, 3 min rounds of mit work. Progressing from strikes and covers to takedwons and controls after said combinations.

4, 2 min rounds of spontaneous attack and defend drills in armor. All the way to control, all weapons on.

20 min ground review- mount escapes, sweep series, some submission chains from those escapes.

In class yesterday, we worked on knife defense on the ground and our knees. It was more advanced than most of us were used to. I'm really sore, so today's a recovery day. :)

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

9-18-08

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. The college students that are new this semester moved into the regular class tonight, so we spent a little more time on basics. It was a different pace for the class, but it was still a nice change up. We did spar some as well. I was sparring an orange belt who tends to be pretty high energy, and really tries at it. He was going along pretty good, and so I decided to go into defensive mode, just blocking what he threw. He threw a back leg round kick, and it appeared to be going head level, so I got my arm up to block. Well, his kick was about shoulder level, and instead of catching his shin with my forearm, I ended up blocking his kick with my elbow. :roll: Needless to say, that didn't work out so well for him. :brow:

At home:

Ki Cho Hyung Il Bu

Ki Cho Hyung E Bu

Ki Cho Hyung Sam Bu

Pyung Ahn Cho Dan

All hyungs done correctly at home.

At the dojang:

Class, which included the hyungs, two of which I committed errors in while performing. :kaioken:

Grappling included in this class. :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Went to class yesterday. Got chewed out for making contact and I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. To top it off, Sensei was already mad that night because the kids were acting up. We worked knife/grappling on the ground and our knees. It was way beyond anything we were ready for.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

9-19-08

At the park:

Pull-ups: 2 palm out, 2 palm in, 2 palm out, 2 palm in, 2 palm out.

Sitting pull-ups: 2x5

The pull-ups weren't full ones, but I pulled up as high as I could.