• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

Alright, back in business. Today was good, really high intensity.

4, 2 min rounds rotatin between the double ended bag and the heavy bag.

10 min of drill on escaping the mount

30 min of free rolling

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crossfit-

continous running clock

1 pullup min one

2 pullups min two

ect to failure

free roll 25 min

8-4-08

Chest/triceps

Bench press: 185x10, 215x4, 225x3

Triceps push-downs: 90x10, 105x8, 120x6

Abs

Decline crunches: 3x12x25 lbs.

Side raises: 3x10x20 lbs.

Legs

Leg extensions: 70x20, 20, 20

Leg curls: 115x20, 20, 20

Treadmill: 20 minute walk, with a small bit of running.

Combat Hapkido: 10:00 - 12:00. The first half hour I spent working with the white belt. We went through all the material, making sure he had it down, and focusing on little nuances. After that, I would just grab his wrist, and he would perform either one of the two required defenses against same side wrist grabs. As soon as I was taken down, and tapped out, I would get up, grab his other wrist, and he would take me down again immediately. It was good rep work, and helps with the muscle memory. After the first half hour, our other partner showed up, and we worked on the red belt material. We used the new guy as our uke, and we were able to watch each other from the outside, as opposed to the inside, like we always do. It gave us a fresh perspective, and it changed the way some of the things went, using someone new to the material.

Today-

crossfit (modified) was-

21 reps of single arm snatches with dumbbells, 35 lbs. both arms

10 pull ups

15 reps of single arm snatches

10 pull ups

9 reps, single arms

10 pull ups

chest and tris

hey bushido man, I was playing with those pull ups and I think I have the motion down. I'm going to try them as part of my back rotation this week. Thanks.

hey bushido man, I was playing with those pull ups and I think I have the motion down. I'm going to try them as part of my back rotation this week. Thanks.

Anytime! :D

8-6-08

Today I spent around 15 minutes on a 40 lbs hanging bag, mainly working my hands.

Combat Hapkido: 7:15 - 8:15. Worked on the yellow belt stuff a bit; around a half hour. After that, we did some mitt striking and low kicking, and I took some good ones off my legs. I liked it. We hit both the inside and the outside of the lead leg. Our TKDers don't get a lot of work on kicking low, so it was different for them. Later on, we worked on some really different leg sweeping stuff. I am not sure if I would use it, unless some guy was kicking at my head, but it was fun. Kind of tore my knees up, though.

modified crossfit

100 reps of barbell thrusters, 45 lbs

back and bi's

I tried the pullups bushido man, I think they are gonna work real well.

I too like the leg kicks, man. In fact, they have become my primary attack with my legs, save maybe my knees. If one were a better kicker than I, you could easily integrate them into a TKD kicking scheme I would think.

I too like the leg kicks, man. In fact, they have become my primary attack with my legs, save maybe my knees. If one were a better kicker than I, you could easily integrate them into a TKD kicking scheme I would think.

I think that there are all kinds of possiblities with leg kicks for TKD. We have the high kicks down. Even for a heavy guy, I have pretty good flexibility, and can do a 4 board round kick break at head level. I would like to practice some of the Karate style leg sweep set ups for use in the Combat Hapkido system. With the close quarters in that system, I think that they would work so well.

3, 3 min rounds of shadowboxing

round 1- integrated game, focused on higher kicks than usual

round 2/3- angle drills specific to the system I study

legs

8-8-08

At the park, I did some hand crawling on the monkey bars. Then, I tried to do some pull-ups. I got close, on a total of 5 spaced out reps.

8-9-08

Walk-around 20 minutes. About a mile.

Today-

5k run

3 rounds-

1- heavy bad

2 double ended bag

3-my two long wall mounted maki's. focused on trapping and striking, folding strikes

finished with a full pulls to inverted on the rings. Finally got to where I could rep on these a bit. Great workout

Bushido-glad to hear I'm not hte only one who stops to play on the monkey bars. I sometimes think I have more fun on them than my kid does when we hit the park.