• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

Manage to sneak one in today.

5 min defensive movement drills

10 min (or there abouts) of mitt work with movement drills

10 of mitt work in combination with takedowns (shoots, sweeps, thows)

20 min of grappling

20 min of various sparring

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chest today, kinda sucked though, I was putting new tires on my car at like 10:30 last night while my wife held the flash light.. :) but where i am getting at is I think I injured my left bicep a little, I had to stop that workout early...

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Ah, the late tire change by flashlight....been there done that, never any fun :) .

Yeasterday I grabbed a quick one...

crossfit (modified) was

50 sit ups

50 box jumps

50 sit ups

50 lunges

50 sit ups

50 burpees

50 sit ups

fast chest and tri's

15 min of stick work

Today's the wife's birthday, might be an off day again.

crossfit was seven rounds of 75# shoulder presses by 21 reps superseted with 21 back extensions

back and bi's weight routine

shadow boxing 3, 3min rounds.

6-16-08

Chest/triceps

Bench press: 155x10, 205x6, 215x4

Dips: 6, 5, 5

Abs

Hanging knee raises: 3x15

Decline crunches: 3x15

Do-Kang 1, holding 8 lb. dumbells, then once without the weights. Did Yoo Sin hyung, breaking it down and taking my time with it. Reviewed Se Jong hyung several times.

Combat Hapkido: 10:00 - 12:00. Worked on Red belt curriculum.

6-17-08

Combat Hapkido: 11:00 - 1:00. Worked on Red/Black belt curriculum today.

Little Lions class: 5:15 - 5:45. I taught this class today; flew solo. It went pretty well, although I don't normally teach this class. It is for 4-6 year olds, so it doesn't last very long.

Between classes, I did hyungs: Chon Ji, Bo Chung, Dan Gun, Yoo Sin, Se Jong.

Adult TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. Taught this class as well. There were only 3 students, so they got some good basics in, and we did some work on crescent kicks at the end.

6-18-08

At the park today: tried to do 5 pull ups. Did Se Jong hyung 4 times, in 4 different directions. Then, I tried to kicks while balancing on the balance beam. That didn't go too well.... :lol:

Hey Bushidoman... glad to see you still posting your training. I have been insanely busy, still training 3 to 4 times a day and teaching 40 to 50 hours a week. I am going to try to post some of my current lifts and training routines soon.

6-19-08

Walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes today at a pretty brisk pace.

Little Lyons class: 5:15 - 5:45. Assited with this class today. It went well, and the kids were showing some improvement in controlling their techniques.

Adult TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. Taught this class today as well. It was bigger today, with 11 total students. At the end of class, we worked on the cross punch on mitts, focusing on driving from the ground up to get power in the punch, like the reverse punches that we do in basics. Just in a shorter motion.

Yesterday,

conditioning segment, running the mats, cals, ect.- 10 min

worked on mount escape series with parnters. Each individal movement then worked on chaining them together- about 25 min

free roll- 25 min

free sparring, mma focus- 30 min

I managed to get a kickboxing round in here as well

Might have to be off till Sunday, taking the family camping. Hopefully, I'll get a run in at the campground, but we'll have to see if I catch "the look" from my wife :) .