• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

4/28/2014

Wrestling: 3:40 - 4:20 pm. Kendall warmed up doing a bit of walking/jogging/running/screwing around on a Curve running machine, and then on a bike, about 4 minutes worth. I did 4 minutes on a weird sideways working elliptical, and then 2 minutes on a bike. Then, we tried to work on some Wrestling, but the room was being used by tumblers, and they were using a lot of space. We did a bit of stance work, and watched and reviewed some video on double leg and single leg techniques.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Taught class. Basics, then forms, all colored belt forms except Toi Gye. Finished with one-steps.

4/30/2014

Worked on some drilling on my own at the mat room. Did some side kicks and spin side kick work on the heavy bag, did an UMPA drill, some shrimping, some situps, and standing up in base drills.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got back from just over a week away. Great job related training. Over 1000 rounds in 6 days and two courses. What's even better is that during my time away I got the chance to train at two different BJJ academy's as well as attend a Kali class out of the Inasanto linage, which is different than my exposure to that group of arts.

The week also dovetailed into a BJJ Over 40 seminar put on by Roy Harris at a friends school. This was excellent as was the private I got the chance to do with Prof. Harris on Kali's Illustrisimo.

So yeah, great training week on all fronts.

5/5

Back at Triton. Drilled open guard drills, followed by spider guard fundamentals.

Sounds like some good training there, Alex. Very cool.

5/5/2014

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Taught class, and also jumped in for some work. Did a different format, too. Lowest rank was high green belts, so I broke the class into two groups, and did forms. In the process, I reviewed all the colored belt forms, and everyone did all the forms below whatever rank they were. Moved onto one-steps, and then did some kicking stations, using paddles, shields, and standing heavy bags for different stations.

5/6

Drilled knife and stick patterns. Some PTK form review. Finished with fast round of stick sparring.

5/7

Drilled half butterfly guard work. Sweep and taking back.

30 min free roll.

20 min free sparring. MT focused.

5/8

Short Illustrisimo sparring session. Followed with some specific work on defenses and strikes.

Moved into PTK review with forms and footwork.

5/9

Drilled De La Riva transition from spider guard. Worked into ball and chan sweep from there and single leg.

3, 3 min rounds of slow roll.

30 min free roll.

5/10

Man, I feel like I trained half the day. Drilled half butterfly guard sweep then to X Guard. Basic sweep followed by reversal.

30 min free roll.

Spent time working open guard foot work positions. 15 more min of free roll.

Finished day with stick work session consisting of single stick sparring and double stick pattern work. Finished by correlating sticks to empty hands.

Whew! Good day.

5/10

Man, I feel like I trained half the day. Drilled half butterfly guard sweep then to X Guard. Basic sweep followed by reversal.

30 min free roll.

Spent time working open guard foot work positions. 15 more min of free roll.

Finished day with stick work session consisting of single stick sparring and double stick pattern work. Finished by correlating sticks to empty hands.

Whew! Good day.

That does sound like a full day.

5/12

Drilled guillotine choke from sit up and wrist lock counter to escape.

Finished off night by breaking down PTK form on each side then running thru entire form. Cool down w some flow.