• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7/9

am:

Drilled butterfly guard, butterfly sweep, passing butterfly. 30 min free roll.

pm:

Drilled guillotine from turtle. Anaconda from turtle. 40 min free roll.

7/10

Drilled back escape to hug pass

back escape to hug pass postition to knee bar

hug pass switch sides to mount

1/2 guard break to hug pass

30/40 minutes free sparring

Tonight's plan

Back escape to hug pass

1/2 guard break to hug pass

positional transition

free sparring till noone can continue

Did applications from Heian Sandan for an hour yesterday.

This morning- back and biceps EXTREMELY heavy. Like sets with 70lb dumbell hammer curls heavy. Abs. Cardio. Then all heians and pinans from Shodan to Godan, Bassai Dai, and Naihachi. Also did 3 of my sensei's own sequences and 1 kicking sequece. Not sure what this afternoon will hold in class.

Tomorrow morning at 5:30 AM- weapons training! Probably working on my 1st sword kata and learning part of the 2nd. May also ask about tonfa training.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

7/11

Drilled escapes from mount: umpa to knee pass to open, leg dump from modified mount, leg isolation to ankle attacks.

35 min free roll.

7/11- Did bunkai applications and 3 step kumite

7/12- worked on naihanchi sandan and bunkai application from it. Then applied bunkai applications to sparring. Then 70% speed freestyle sparring.

As a red belt (3rd kyu), I was training with my sensei and 1 other black belt. I was able to create openings very easily using the Naihanchi applications. Although my form wasn't perfect (this is the 1st time I saw Sandan), I should be able to get it down this week as I know the individual movements. I just need to put the sequence in order! But as far as the sparring goes, I really didn't like sparring too much in the past, but I'm starting to dig it! As I compete with the black belts more and more, I'm gaining more confidence and seeing opportunities that I've never seen before. I firmly believe it is a result of the advanced Katas and bunkais from these katas.

The heians and pinans are great to create a foundation, but I'm finding that the Naihanchis are creating an entire new skillset for me.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

6/25/2012

Floor Kicks

Side kicks: 3x10 each side

Round kicks: 3x10 each side

Hook kicks: 3x10 each side

6/27/2012

Floor kicks

Side kicks: 3x10

Round kicks: 3x10

Doggie kicks

Side kicks: 3x10

6/28/2012

Firearms training

Building searches using sims rounds. We went through 3 scenarios as two man teams, and then did a debrief after each and discussed things. One scenario, I gave my point of view on what I had planned doing in regards to armbaring someone to secure them, and the lead guys said they thought my tactics were sound. After my 3 run throughs, I got to run through with another guy who needed a partner, so I got double the fun. Even got to shoot some sim rounds a few times.

7/10/2012

Range training

Did some shooting from cover, rolling out to strong side and knocking down what we call "pepper poppers," then switch hands and roll out to weak side and knock down a pepper popper. Then, we advanced to another position, shooting a pepper popper while moving from cover to cover, reloading behind cover. After that, we did a drill where we stood at 21 feet with our hands on our heads, and the rangemasters pulled a target on wheels at us. The goal was to draw while retreating and get three shots off. Good times. Then we did some patrol rifle shooting at 60 yards, which went ok, put 3 rounds through the shotgun at the same range, then did a bit more practice with the pistol.