• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

6/6/12:

1 Hour of MMA wall work & no-gi grappling

BJJ Practice: Half Hour of Fundamental Guard Sweeps and a half hour of free roll

Muay Thai: 1 hour of technical striking/conditioning followed by about 20 minutes of instructing my new (to the chagrin of my wife) female "understudy."

I leave for the police academy on sunday

See if you can get me Michael Winslow's autograph.

My initial plan was to show up dressed as Tackleberry, this probably wouldn't be a good idea.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll do great. A little Tackleberry never hurt anyone.

At one point during my time in academy, the lead tactical guy looked around the exercise that I had been part of and said: "You've killed everyone on the street but the shooter!"

Yup, two other students walking back from their concluded exercise and a class photographer.

I would later get the tag of "Justice League" after accelerating an exercise by shouldering thru a "wall" during an exercise than walking around the corner to find a door.

All this and they let me be on our tac team now. Go figure. Certain personality types you have to push "forward" into tactics. Others, and you'll be one of them, will have to be pulled back a bit. Tackleberry will get tossed out occasionally :lol: Don't worry about it, shake it off, reload (cause you'll likely have blazed thru a couple of mags- just make sure your re-load was solid) and move on to the next one.

You'll do great. A little Tackleberry never hurt anyone.

At one point during my time in academy, the lead tactical guy looked around the exercise that I had been part of and said: "You've killed everyone on the street but the shooter!"

Yup, two other students walking back from their concluded exercise and a class photographer.

I would later get the tag of "Justice League" after accelerating an exercise by shouldering thru a "wall" during an exercise than walking around the corner to find a door.

All this and they let me be on our tac team now. Go figure. Certain personality types you have to push "forward" into tactics. Others, and you'll be one of them, will have to be pulled back a bit. Tackleberry will get tossed out occasionally :lol: Don't worry about it, shake it off, reload (cause you'll likely have blazed thru a couple of mags- just make sure your re-load was solid) and move on to the next one.

Crashing through a wall is perfectly acceptable as long as your yell "HULK SMASH!!!!!"

No hulk smash qoute, GS. But I did get to pepper a role player with sims.

6/7

Off vacation and back on the wagon.

1.5 mile run

abs

chest/ tris

6/7

2 mile run

Technical knife/stick disarms

some stick sparring

Last workout with my class before leaving for police training for 12 weeks. Kind of sucks :cry:

6/8

Drilled arm triangle from top, transition to armbar. Moved to partner defending arm bar via roll and take back to choke.

30 min free roll

30 min free roll no-gi w/ one of the fighters prepping for bout.

6/11

Drilled over kimura from guard and really teased out some of the specific, technical aspects of it. Proof again that even the most fundamental of movements is deeper than one would think. Even someone who's grappled awhile. Also used the motion from bottom of side mount to sweep, a new idea for me. I was able to make this work in free roll later.

45 min free roll.