• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

Uggh.

Did the hour of yoga.

Worked weapon deployment vs guy with a knife. Worked disarms. Few rounds MMA and some free rolling. Did some more curls.

As of tomorrow, I'm swearing off soda, adult beverages and refined sugar.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12/21

Okay, after dealing with a three day total lay off from activity due to a back injury in Sat. I started back slow.

Treadmill work at a walking pace

Hip Drills on the mat

Movement drills on the mat

Stretching routine

Abs

The back held up well and feels ready to start rolling on again. I'm going to continue to stretch and shrimp for the next couple of days in anticipation of a reunion workout with GS and MP and everyone else back home over the holidays.

I have to start slow, too. Twisted my knee and can't walk. I'll start by stretching hamstrings, hips and slow squats with out weights.

My plan is to do 2 - 3 training session per day after Christmas. Most of the sessions are technical "studies" - learning and stretching, but some are high intensive weights or sparring/rolling.

I have 60 days full time to complite my program. (Almost no work at this period:-)

As of tomorrow, I'm swearing off soda, adult beverages and refined sugar.

Since I love to help the world, and don't like to see good things go to waste, I shall take up that which you cast off. But just to help the world. :D

12/21/2011

Deffley B (Dead lift day)

Dead lift: warmup: 135x5, 225x5, 315x3; work: 390x5x3

Push press: warmup: 45x5, 65x5, 85x3, 95x2; work: 140x5x5

I am stoked to see I am repping out only 10 lbs under what I set for my 1RM goal for dead lift for the year. Can't wait to hit my max out session! Back feels so sore all over from that session. I love it!

12/22

Flow drills

Stick disarms and defense(emphasis on flow as well)

10min light sparring

All is preparation for the Bujin Clan Christmas Beatdown later today, should be a blast!!

12/23

4.5 hours or so of varied workout for GS test for high brown. Rolling, sparring, spontaneous weapons defense, ect. Part of my sporadic training over the holidays.

Nice work by the way GS! Congrats!