• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

11/14

Drilled takedown set up off of pummel for multiple rounds

Covered side positional work and worked on achieving pressure from top during transition. Drilled no- arm D'Arce. Transition to mount, arm bar.

25 min free roll.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it would be more appropriate to say, no arm in D' Arce. You're using the same motion, just without his arm involved. It's a bit less forgiving to get the blood choke this way, and can be more of a neck crank if you're not careful. What it is excellent for is creating a good transition to mount.

I guess it would be more appropriate to say, no arm in D' Arce. You're using the same motion, just without his arm involved. It's a bit less forgiving to get the blood choke this way, and can be more of a neck crank if you're not careful. What it is excellent for is creating a good transition to mount.

Would this no arm darce be similair to what i call a "super guillotine" or front naked choke, where you grab your own bicep and then put your none choking hand on the back of their head. Don't know if that explains what im talking about. :lol:

It's certainly similar, especially with the hand positions. This one is very much an attack from side as a person makes an effort to roll into you though.

No Vader force chokes, but I'm hopeful that this will be imparted to me soon. GS, I've got guys coming over to roll tomorrow. I'll try to cut some video and link it for the series I'm talking about to share.

11/15

Drilled doubles and singles, running the pipe on the doubles. Drilled setting up takedowns from negative positions. Moved into lifting single leg. Finished by drilling mount maintenance.

15 min of randori for takedowns

25 min free roll.

11/4/2011

New weight training setup; referring to it as Deffley 5x5 now

Squats: warmup: 45x5x2, 135x5, 205x3, 225x2; work: 280x3x5

Overhead press: warmup: 45x5x2, 70x5, 90x3, 100x2; work: 140x5x5

Hip thrusts: 3x5

Stretch: standing/kneeling quads, front/twist/side kick bar stretch, toe touches, seiza, butterfly and glutes, reverse hurdler, seated knee hugs and back twists, chest/tris/bis.

11/7/2011

Deffley 5x5

Squats: warmup: 45x5x2, 135x5, 205x3, 225x2; work: 280x5, 315x2

Bench press: warmup: 45x5x2, 135x5, 155x3, 175x2; work: 245x4,3,3,4,3

Barbell rows: warmup: 75x5x2, 95x3, 105x2; work: 175x3,4,4,3,1 Time to deload.

Seated good mornings: 95x12x3

Hip thrusts: 8x3

Stretch: standing/kneeling quads, seiza, front/twist/side kick bar stretch, butterfly and glutes, rev. hurdler, seated knee hugs and back twists, chest/tris/bis.

11/8/2011

Morning TKD: did white belt material both for my ATA and TTA curriculum, forms and one-steps, for review.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. Finally back to class, and I was sore afterwards! Did basics, stretched, forms (Gwang Gae hyung), one-steps, and I kind of sparred.

No Vader force chokes, but I'm hopeful that this will be imparted to me soon. GS, I've got guys coming over to roll tomorrow. I'll try to cut some video and link it for the series I'm talking about to share.

11/15

Drilled doubles and singles, running the pipe on the doubles. Drilled setting up takedowns from negative positions. Moved into lifting single leg. Finished by drilling mount maintenance.

15 min of randori for takedowns

25 min free roll.

Thanks, that would be much appreciated

11/15

ground mobility drills

40 min freeroll

white and yellow belt angle drill

attack and defend drills

11/16

Drilled spider guard transition to inverted triangle. Kimura and arm bar options as well.

60 min free roll.