• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/30

BJJ nite:

Drilled slingshot guard to flower sweep. Follwoed by collar choke, counter and arm bar counter to that. Last, we drilled rolling omo plata from takedown effort on knees.

45 min free roll.

GS, if you can picture a basic guard with your partner having one hand gripping lapels at center and the o ther controling the hip (yeah, we really need to start posting vids like MP), we can start there.

Now from here, your same side hand grips his sleeve that is on your centerline. 4 finger curling grip (like a monkey paw). Roll the knuckes into the arm a bit. The other arm grips his pants at the knee area (same side).

Set up over the striaght arm (you'll use a bit of an angle). This creates movement back towards him at a slight angle. This is kind of the point of it, generating potential energy by getting him to counter you. Alternatley, it can get up up and postured on him for other things.

In this particular drill, the partner now pushes back into you. After all, he probibly thinks your looking ffor some form of hip bump sweep. As he pushes you back down, you're going to use the momentum (hence the slingshot i guess) to initiate a flower sweep variant.

Your leg on the centerline arm side will cut under. The leg on the other side will swing in the direction of hte push and force the upper body to go with it. And you'll lift with the pant grip. there are lots of tiny particulars of the sweep from here that are too diffficult to set out via text. But you'll get the idea. Maybe. I am a bit of hack at the keyboard.

Hope that at least gives you a rough visual of what I'm talking about. You've probibly seen it with a different name or such, plenty of that goes on.

5/31

Drilled takedowns for 30. Rounds of working to takedowns from open guard for 10 min round

20 min free roll.

Weights:

Pull ups

Shoulder Press

curls

squats

neck work

5/31

3 rounds boxing with local personal trainer

45 min takedown drills

30min freeroll from standing

abs

benchpress

most of that just 1 round though

6/1 stadium steps

several rounds of sparring

landed my first decent superman punch. Set it up with about 30 seconds TKDish kickery, faked front kick and threw it. In the words of London Tipton "Yay me!"

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

6/2

BJJ Nite:

Drilled flower sweep to mount, then worked mount escapes. Fininshed with drilling omo plata.

6, 2 min rounds mount vs. escape

30 min free roll