• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

3/8 Sparring for and hour and a half roughly. My liver hates me.

3/9 Taught beginners grappling class

Leg warmup

rolls

animal drills

defensive postures

introduced gi concepts

Proved to a high schooler that a 2 day grappling seminar in the military does not make you Marcelo Garcia.

Tallgeese, i don't know if i could swing the NAGA trip. I burned up every brownie point i had with the lady friend on going to Houston with some college buddies a few weeks back. :x

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3/3/2011

Taught TKD class: 6:00 - 7:15. Gave the students a good talking-to about being a proper "uke" for one-steps and the like, in regards to punching proper targets, and not falling down for someone doing a takedown, or bending over for someone doing an armlock, etc.

3/4/2011

Forms at home: Chon Ji, Dan Gun, Bo Chung, Do San.

3/9/2011

Home training:

Side kicks: from sitting stance, stepping together and then kicking over the banister in the kitchen. 2 sets of 10 kicks on each leg.

Form segment work from Yoo Sin: moves 53-66, which starts with the waving kicks and moves through the inside crescent kick to consecutive side kicks, which is a segment that has been giving me fits. 10 reps.

TKD Class: 6:00 - 7:00. Worked on basics and one-steps tonight, then ended with some self-defense transitions from some of the one-steps. I hope this becomes more commonplace, as it is what is missing from our one-steps training.

3/9

Steam rolled beginners in grappling class

Assisted in showing a high schooler that a 2 day grappling seminar in the military gives you the grappling prowess of Tank Abbot

Grappled MasterPain and Groin Strike

Tallgeese, I would probably be game for NAGA if I get over my recent bout with fatness in time.

And in response to Groin Strike's liver hating him...my shin is rather fond of his liver.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

3/10

BJJ nite:

Drilled hip bump, kimura, to taking back. Sweep from back to wrist lock then armbar.

8, 2 min rounds closed guard v. pass

45 min free roll

LP, if you're interested plan on coming up that friday nite, we'll go into the city for the tourney on Sat. Talk GS into as well. I think Tim will be in as well.

3/10

45 Minute Circuit of Death including plyo steps, duck and weave string, squats, running, arm endurance with weights, jumping rope, wall sits, abs, etc. Oh and 6 stand-up rounds that were pretty dang fun.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

3/11

Drilled high double leg. Moved on to using gi for underhooking from side. Chained that after standing guard break. Finished with bow and arrow from side control.

40 min free roll.

3/13

1 mile run

back/bis

abs

conditioning. Focused on sprawl work with the swiss ball and balance work for knee in on same.