• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/16

2. 5 mile run. Almost good enough to get outside.

Its been really nice outside here, too, over the last couple of days. Unfortunately, the only training I've done has been in the form of walking my dogs. My back is getting a bit better, but I don't want to push it back into injury again.

2/17

BJJ nite:

Drilled triangle and omo out of guard with the set ups from Monday. Moved into two omo defenses.

6, 2 min rounds of closed guard v. pass

25 min free roll

Kindof, MP. More like during the pass. You can escape either once the lock or position is set, or while it's being applied, or best of all, before it's applied. It's a matter of reading the body movement to prevent anything being set. Not to say we don't practice any of the others, but training to anticipate and take preventative escapes is far more efficient.

For this particlar recovery, we we working off of our guard being passed with the individual trying to take side.

12/20

1.5 mile run

2/21

BJJ:

Drilled guard recovery from Sat. Moved into rolling armbar, followed by defense/escape of said armbar.

6, 2 min rounds of arm bar v. escape/defend

45 min free roll

2/22

2 mile run

chest/ tris

abs

conditioning.

Today was the first return of the flat bench into the routine as my shoulder actually feels kind of normal. Light, very light return. I don't need it getting jack up again right before saturday.

Also, if you grapple and haven't yet got ahold of Andre Galvano's "Drill to Win" I strongly urge you to rectify this. I've been working thru it and it's an excellent resource. Lot's of solo drills as well as partner drills. Definatly worth the slightly high price of admission. Probibly the most useful book i've gotten ahold of in quite awhile.