• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

4-28-07

The wife, kids, and I took another walk this morning; about 1.5 miles. Then, we took a very long walk this evening, walking about 8-9 miles, I would say. It took about 4 hours, but we stopped at a few places on the walk. It was a good walk, that is for sure. Especially when pushing the stroller while trying to keep up with my wife's frantic pace! :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-29-07

The family and I went for another 1.5 mile walk tonight. Along the way, I did one-leg hops, doing 3 on one foot, and then switching to the other, then resting a tad. I did 30 on each foot.

I'll bet your wife didn't mind that at all, Bushido Man. :)

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Another good day at the gym while my kids had swimming lessons. Chest, back, abs, arms, and glutes/legs. I finally remembered to bring my weight belt so I could lift heavy legs. Been too long!

On a side note, my Discipline MA shoes work great in the gym as well. I have found wearing them while I work out is helping to break them in.

I'll bet your wife didn't mind that at all, Bushido Man. :)

Nah, she thinks I am weird anyways. You know, there is something special about us Martial Arts types! :D

Good to see ya back, Baron. Been a little while. I was getting lonely on this thread! :lol:

Been working! Truthfully, I was spending a little too much time here and neglecting some other tasking. I'll try to strike a better balance.

Been working! Truthfully, I was spending a little too much time here and neglecting some other tasking. I'll try to strike a better balance.

Hey, I hear ya there!

4-30-07

Chest/triceps

Bench press: 195x8, 205x6, 215x3

Incline bench: 135x6, 145x4, 145x4

Decline bench: 145x10, 155x10, 185x6...the first 2 sets were too easy; I will raise them next time.

Triceps push-down: 90x10, 105x6, 105x6

My arms were still sore from the one set of bench that I did on the Friday before. My arms are tired after this!

Abs

Roman chair crunches: 2x25....OUCH!

Side raises: 3x25x25 lbs.

Conditioning

Jump rope: 3x1 min. rounds

Steppers: 3x30 sec, 1 min. rest.

Combat Hapkido from 4:15 - 5:30. Taught Orientation from 5:30 - 6:00. Traditional Class from 6:00 - 7:00. My knees were feeling very good tonight, so I let the kicks fly! I really hope I can have some more classes like this in the future. Sparring went pretty well tonight, too.

Stretching during Traditional Class: Splits: middle, left and right: 2x20 - 30 sec. each. Seated splits: middle, left, and right: 2x20 - 30 sec. each. Reverse hurdler: 2x20 - 30 sec. each. Butterfly: 2x20 - 3. sec.

5-1-07

Back/biceps/shoulders

Assisted pull-ups: 6, 10, 7 (palms out); 6, 6 (palms in)

Back Hyperextensions: 20, 2o

Dumbbell shoulder press: 30x10, 40x8, 40x8

Jump rope: 3x1 min. rounds. I am getting better at this!

5-2-07

Taught Orientation from 5:30 - 6:00. I focused mainly on front snap kicks with the kids today, and I thought that it went very well. We concentrated on the 4 parts to a kick, and I held a target pad for them to kick as well. Today in class, I did forms from 6:00 - 7:00. I did white belt through hi-blue belt, which was 7 forms, and I did each one twice.

Ab roller: 3x10

For the last two weeks I have been training one of my guys to fight in Budapest, Hungry in the World Kempo Championships. We have been training five days a week for a minimum of 6 hours a day and averaging 8 hours a day. I love it...I get just as much training as he does.