bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes solo escrima with various stick-like instruments, rebar, iron pipe, claw hammer, crow bar.

Now that's awesome, and so practical. More likely to have something like those as opposed to that nice piece of rattan when you need it. Good to be comfortable with the adjustments.

500 kicks.

Which kicks? I read an article years ago from Black Belt Magazine titled "500 Kick Club" or something similar. It had a nice idea for working several different basic kicks. I printed it off, and still have it. Used to do it more often. This sparks me to start it back up.

1/18/2011

Weights: Pull day:

45 degree arm curl: 25x10x5 sets. This machine has different arms to load the weight on, and I did one set, moved the weight, next, etc, no breaks. Burns.

Barbell curls: 65x10, 75x8, 80x6

Shoulder shrugs: 220x10, 240x8, 260x8

Dumbell curls: 25x10, 30x8, 35x6

Overhead cable curls: 70x10x3 sets.

Abs

Ab coaster: 20x10x3

Smith crunch: 30x10x3

Forearms

Barbell wrist curls: 45x15x3

Reverse barbell wrist curls: 45x10x3

Forearm machine: 45x3

45 minutes solo escrima with various stick-like instruments, rebar, iron pipe, claw hammer, crow bar.

Now that's awesome, and so practical. More likely to have something like those as opposed to that nice piece of rattan when you need it. Good to be comfortable with the adjustments.

500 kicks.

Which kicks? I read an article years ago from Black Belt Magazine titled "500 Kick Club" or something similar. It had a nice idea for working several different basic kicks. I printed it off, and still have it. Used to do it more often. This sparks me to start it back up.

The variety of weights and lengths of weapons is one advantage I feel the Okinawan styles have over the Filipino, and a great deal of my weapon work is Filipino, so I adjust. Play with a big crow bar for a while and that rattan stick moves like lightening.

The kicks were mostly low round and front, and waist high side kicks to my homemade dummy (made with tires,and old heavy bag, rebar, fun noodle, a pillow and duct tape) Also some combo front and side kicks without putting my foot down and a few ax kicks. Also while watching WWE with my brother in law, I commented that Kofi Kingston's Trouble in Paradise wasn't that difficult. He looked incredulous, so I had to prove that I could do it.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

1/17

Walked a mile with Smokie pulling me all over the place. I'm not a good dog trainer.

Drilled side control to mount, arm triangle. And 2 guard passes for about 2 hours.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

1/19

Drilled open guard, sweep and passing the open.

45 min free roll, focuson transitions and inverted guard.

1/20

Worked abs and shoulders prior to class

Class included entries from punching to trapping to grappling ranges back and forth. One person would strike, one would attempt to control and grapple. (i got a bloody nose)

We also worked Knife draw recognition with attempting to expel and escape the situation.

Finally we ended with a fight scenerio on the ground, the person on bottom would at some time draw a knife, the person on top would attempt to control the weapon and escape.

1/20

BJJ nite:

Drilled half guard pass, sweep from half guard and transition to X guard.

6, 2 min rounds of half vs. pass

45 min free roll.