• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12/28 First hard workout since toe injury

Just myself and a newer student at the gym tonight.

30 minutes clinch striking

30 minutes clinch striking w/ takedowns

20minutes clinch striking w/takedowns and grappling with strikes allowed.

It was good to test out the foot, it was stiff a hell afterwards but felt good this morning, and my cardio is now total garbage.

This has been my week off specifically for training purposes, this is basically the workout I fit into a normal day when I'm preparing for a fight (MMA).

12/28/2010

8:00 AM: Weightroom (oh boy) Grip strength, legs, and abs.

9:00 AM: Plyo boxes, burpees, balance exercises, other assorted plyometric drills.

Noon: One mile warm up jog, put on my snorkel and ran stadium stairs for 30 minutes followed by a sprint circuit consisting of a 100M, 80M, 60M,40M,20M, 200M.

3:00 PM: Jiu Jitsu with a gi, worked on a lot of fine points to guard passing, about 30 minutes of gi grappling followed by about an hour of no-gi grappling.

5:00 PM: Pummeling, boxing with takedowns, 5 - 5 minute rounds of MMA...exhaustion sets in. Sleep time.

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

12/29

30 minutes boxing

90 minutes grappling interspersed with shooting the bull with training partners.

not the hardest workout, but good none the less.

^^

whats with the name change mr. Dux

^^I was told that my previous name was much too long and caused all sorts of havoc on the moderator side of things. Or perhaps there's a CIA tie-in involved here, and they felt that I couldn't be controlled. You can be the judge^^

12/29/2010

8:00 AM: Weightroom (insert weightlifting complaint here) Shoulders, Biceps, Grip Strength, Abs

9:00 AM: Plyo boxes, burpees, balance exercises, tire work, wall sits, a few other terrible things.

Noon: Snorkel on, cardio circuit. Jumping rope, thai pads, animal drills, treadmill, battling ropes.

3:00 PM: Grappling with strikes and grappling with strikes from takedowns for about an hour and a half.

5:00 PM: 5 Minute Live Rounds - Boxing for 5 rounds, Kickboxing for 5 rounds, and Muay Thai with takedowns for 5 rounds.

Exhaustion and injury sets in....sleep time

"A gun is a tool. Like a butcher knife or a harpoon, or uhh... an alligator."

― Homer, The Simpsons

1/1

Finally, my self imposed break has come to an end. Rang in the new year with some mat time today.

20 min drilling takedowns. Doubles, singles, underhook trips

60 min free roll. Worked on setting up the deep half and sweeping in particular.

On another note, the mat time I did accidentally log over break was pretty good. MP, GS, great seeing you guys again. Had fun with the boxing and trapping/ striking live.

1/2

1 mile run

chest/tris

abs

The AC joint feels way better after some down time. As does the jacked up finger. All good. I do still have a twinge in the shoulder on flat bench so it's coming out of the rotation for a bit. Incline, here I come.

Walked the dog, played fetch and swung a mace around a while. Nothing major, but better than being totally sedentary on an off day.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

1/3

BJJ nite:

Drilled over closed guard tactics, focused on developing great fundimentals. Moved to Armbar from the guard and defense. Finished technical portion with sweep from guard vs. standing.

6, 2 min rounds of guard v. pass

45 min free roll