• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

12/18

30 hour of clinch striking, i tried to focus on some unorthodox targets(arm pressure points and the like)

Moved on to grappling-freeroll about 25 minutes and 50 percents. Then we picked up the intensity slightly, then while transitioning from an omoplata to a triangle my right pinky toe got caught where two mats come together and snapped(sounded like a firecracker went off). It is badly broken and without the aid of tape would be at a 45 degree angle from my foot. So i somehow got back home(driving was interesting) and am in quite a lot of pain.

Injuries are depressing and i just about polished off a box of andes mints in the process, looks like i might be out of action for a while.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer!

Dude, don't I always say you've got to slow down :) . J/K.

Seriously, there's little you can do about a toe in the mat. If you're lucky, you'll be far better in 4-6 weeks in the joints not involved. Ice, ibuprophen, and keep it taped to its buddy.

Get somewhat mobile. I'll be down there in a couple of weeks for a day or two.

Heal up, bro.

I hope you get better soon Clay. My mom broke one of her toes and it hurt for a little over a month. And we'll look forward to seeing you Alex.

Last year for New Years, I gave up chewing tobacco. So this Year I am giving up being fat. It's a bad habit too. So as of the first I'll start posting my weight on here. If anyone else is overweight, feel free to join me.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Hopefully ill be healed up by the time you get down hear so we can get some work done. I may be grossly out of shape by then, but am looking forward to it none the less. Due to this i am asking for wrestling shoes for christmas.

12/19

Worked 15 min on takedowns, double, single, and underhook trip.

Moved on to butterfly guard drills, to sweep then coutners to butterfly.

45 min free roll

Looking forward to seeing you guys too. I kicked the chew for 1.5 weeks recently. Glad to hear you made it the year.

12/22

Drilled side control, then to knee in. Finished with move to choke. Drilled escape as well.

6,2 min rounds from side control

45 min free roll.

Any workouts from here to the first of the year are entirely incidental. I rolled tonight. Probabily will next week as well once, but no running, weights, ect. Taking a bit of a rest until New Years.