bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11/25-Ate turkey and venison with assorted sides, and drank too much beer and buttershots. TAKE THAT TALLGEESE!!!
11/26-AM: 30 minute conditioning circuit

20minutes sparring

40 minutes grappeling worked deep halfguard sweeps and freeroll

PM: Spent 90 minutes trying to explain to a new student that acting like a wild animal while grappeling in a bad idea and will get himself or other hurt. Not sure if he got the message.

11/27

early pm-

conditioning:

box jumps

rows

burpees

KB swings

t bar row with belt

run

toreando pass on Boomer

crunches

triangles

shots

1 min each, 2 circuits. My kid ran along side and did a variant of each as I went, how cool.

late pm:

Technique on Boomer. Focused on some gi chokes from side and north/south I've been trying to work into the game. Then flow work.

Promplty destroyed all work I did by running to Chipolte for dinner. Hey, I said I was trialing a new workout run up, not diet.

11/27

Open mat, worked one passing spider guard for about and hour, felt lazy, went home.

Tallgeese, is boomer that "grapplilng dummy" in your basement that looks like IG-88 from star wars.

11/28

2 mile walk with the family. I'm going to call it an "active rest day".

Yes, GS, yes it is. And bonus points for the IG-88 reference!

11/29/2010

Finally back to the gym today! Woo-hoo!

And now, the sad realization that I have lost soooo much.

Push day: bench, incline bench, triceps push-downs and another bench tricep exercise. Also did some abs and some forearm work.

I keep telling myself that it will all come back, and just take what I can get for now, and not push it.

11/29

am:

3 mile run

pm:

BJJ nite

Drilled taking back from guard and passing. 6, 2 min rounds of closed guard from pass.

45 min free roll.

11/29

50 minutes or so circuit of abs, jump rope, shadow boxing with 5 pound weights, abs, jumping on boxes and such with my nose and half my mouth duct taped (I forgot my snorkel) i.e. Wandelei Silva.

3 3minute rounds thai pads

3 3 minute round boxing

4 1/2 3minute rounds kickboxing at which point could no longer intelligently defend myself.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

11/29/2010

Made it back to TKD class last night, too. Did mainly basics and forms review, which was good, because I sorely needed it. My legs are really sore now. I forget how much regular training does for my body.