• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

9/22-

Drilled positional drills, guard v. pass and then from standing. Covered side control to mount work.

45 min free roll

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/26

2.5 mile run

legs/shoulders

abs

Shoulder is better. Lots o advil and ice. So far so good and light on the work today.

9-24-10

Another day of Hapkido training...finished orange belt and started on blue belt. I forgot how fun some of that stuff is. :)

Weights: push day: shoulder presses on machine and with dumbells.

9-27-10

Weights: push day: bench press, incline bench, triceps push-downs and overhead push-downs.

DT club session at the college. We worked on 4 punch defenses on the ground, 1 from the guard, 2 from the closed guard, 3 from the opponent standing and keeping them at bay with the feet in the hips, and 4 was from the opponent disengaged, and me lying on the ground with a leg up matching the opponent's lead leg, and then defending from them coming to side control by getting the leg up across the hips and getting back to guard. From there, we added an elevator sweep from half butterfly guard or full guard. Lots of fun, and I learned a lot. I felt like I had a lot of good reps in, but wanted more!

9/27

BJJ nite:

Drilled over high guard position, moved to arm bar/triangle/omo series. 40 min free roll

9-29-10

Weights: pull day: assisted pull-ups, seated rows, lat pull-downs, and some curls. I don't feel I am getting anywhere with the pull-ups, and it is frustrating.

Did do a half mile jog for warm-up, too.