today-

2.5 mile run

crossfit

3 rounds of:

pull ups

overhead squats

hanging leg lifts

roman chair set ups

10 min cool down with shrimping, hip drills, and weighting work on the swiss ball.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8-6-10

One of the 2nd degrees in the school has been allowed to conduct a sparring class on Fridays, and I went on this Friday.

We started with what he called the "5 20s," where we did 20 front leg side kicks, 20 front leg front kicks, 20 front leg round kicks (exaggerated chambering, without setting the foot down), 20 back leg outer crescents, and 20 front leg outside axe kicks. 20 minutes to get done.

Next was 20 minutes to get in 4 "stations" on powerlines. I don't think I got all 4 stations in, but I was kind of doing it more informally, as I had to leave early.

Last, which I didn't get to, was 20 minutes of some sparring drills, consisting of some blaster drills for offense/defense, and some more precision based kicking on paddles.

I liked the class idea, but a few things that bother me about it:

1. a sparring class, lacking sparring. There are sparring ideas here, but I don't think its as helpful as actually getting some sparring in.

2. the burnout at the beginning isn't very conducive to good technique work at the end. It should be the other way around, or seperate classes.

Conditioning is good, but not before working technique, in most cases.

I think the lack of sparring comes from the master instructor. For some reason, he doesn't like sparring when one of the other instructors isn't around, or maybe when he's not around. It frustrates the total hell out of me that we don't spend more time sparring at our school.

With all that said, I did have a nice burn in my hips the day after. There were some good ideas in that class.

8-9-10

Weights: push day: chest. Flat, incline, decline bench, and vertical butterfly, 5x5s.

8-10-10

Jogged mile in 10:36, then stretched.

TTA high green belt form and one-steps.

ATA green belt forms and one-steps. Need a bit more work on these. I forgot how much that ATA pushed in technique advancement as the levels got higher. I need to work advanced kicking more.

Weights: pull day: back and biceps, 5x5s.

8-11-10

Jogged mile in 10:29 today. Tired, though. Man I hate running. Stretched out.

Weights: push day: shoulders and triceps. Did 5x5s.

yesterday-

Visited a BJJ school out here in Iowa where I'm training. Drilled over side to mount then drilledl live.

40 min free roll

today-

After swinging breaching tools all morning I'm taking the day off

today-

BJJ:

Drilled guard recovery into omo plata, followed by omo plata defense. Move on to single leg omo counter followed by an omo sweep.

Free roll for 40

today-

3 mile run

crossfit workout

25-20-25-10-5 reps of box jumps followed by sit ups

circuit with weights

today-

am:

30-20-10 circuit of

medicine ball thorws

thrusters

abs

pm:

BJJ nite:

Went over cross guard to triangle then sweep. Fininshed technique with guard drills.

40 min free roll