• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

today-

BJJ nite:

Worked thru half butterfly to sweep to cross side, then moved to full mount and arm bar. Finished with standing work to close and clinch.

35 min free roll.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-10-10

One mile jog, 11:30. Light stretch. Slept too long today.

6-11-10

Made back to Aikido today! Had a good review of some of the basics, and we also worked with the short staff today, which I always enjoy. Good two hours of class...10:00 am - noon.

Fri-

off

Sat-

A few miles hiking and climbing. However, all good done by this was undone by the quantities of beer drunk at the campfire that night

Sun-

1 mile run

chest/tris

abs

Sat-

A few miles hiking and climbing. However, all good done by this was undone by the quantities of beer drunk at the campfire that night

:lol: That will happen at times, eh?

6-14-10

Aikido: 10:00 am - noon. We worked on some flowing/fluidity drills, and then worked them into some applications. From there, we moved to some transition work. Finished class with some paired jo work.

TKD: 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Forms night. Got to review some colored belt forms I had not done in a while, and my 2nd dan black belt form. Did well for not doing them in a while. During the last 10 minutes of class, we did some one-steps, but we actually did a bit of progression with them into some more self-defense related applications. This was very nice to see, and I hope we get into more of it.

Aikido in the morning, and TKD in the evening....that's a pretty good day!

6-15-10

Back on the treadmill today. I made my mile in 11:12, and did 1.33 in 15 minutes. It just didn't feel good today, either.

TTA hi orange belt form and one-steps.

ATA yellow belt form and one-steps. I did two sets of these. Had to dig up The Way, V. III to get a refresher.

Stretch. Flexibility is starting to feel good again.

today-

No timeto work out. Luckily it was because of a range day. Qual shoot, combat course and force on force. Always a good day and I got to work with my new Kimber. Worth every penny.

first time to BJJ yesterday since having this nasty sinus infection. Worked on countering a sprawl by taking the back, then 60 min roll. My muscles fatigued within 20 min, and I gassed about ten min after that.

I do not know what is worse getting sick or your body recovering from being sick.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

6-16-10

Jogged mile in 10:54, and made 1.37 in 15 minutes.

TTA hi orange belt form and one-steps.

ATA yellow belt form and one-steps.

Streeeeeetched out. Added a side kick stretch to the mix, so I can work on my body alignment for when I kick.

6-17-10

Jogged mile in 10:44, and made 1.37 in the 15. Stretched.

today-

BJJ nite:

Drilled over arm bar from guard and worked a no hands drill for it. Moved on to countering the arm bar and finally working to complete the arm bar out of a stack. Finished with some stand up work to clinch and takedown prep.

40 min of free roll