• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

Last night was free sparring for an hour. Got the crap kicked out of me by a black belt :lol: my left leg is so sore. I told him not to go easy on me though. I wanted to see what i could do.

I ended up tapping him out once though. he tried to take me down and i got him in a guillotine choke and made him tap! He was so proud! then he tried to do it again and i tried to choke him again, but his sweaty head slipped out from my arms and i ended up getting headbutted real hard in my chin. My tongue was bleeding for a while and i didn't do any more sparring the rest of the night...

So i did pad work with a lower belt for the rest of the hour. Then I learned some nifty ground fighting tips and tricks from my instructor.

after free sparring it was formal class time.

Helped a friend of mine who is two belts down from get ready for his belt test that is coming up in a couple weeks. Reviewed his techniques and forms with him. Helped him refine his drills a little bit. I didn't really learn too much new stuff (except for a couple ground fighting things)... but i always enjoy helping lower belts practice. and it's a great review for me.

all in all a great night!!!

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-3-10

Jogged for 15 minutes. Hit the mile 11:10, and finished with 1.3 miles.

Stretched. Did my splits w/o sitting on the ground, which has suffered a bit. Felt good to stretch that way, though.

TTA white and low orange belt forms.

ATA white and orange belt forms.

today-

1 mile run

chest/ tris

abs

Hip work for 15 to cose out. Bridges, shrimping, triangle drills, ect.

Hey nation, we do about 45 min worth of reps before we start free roll.

Starting with the posture and basic movement, then building on so the core basics are drilled over and over again. My coach is really good about drilling in fundimentals and hitting all the steps to movements. His approach has really been a boon to my game.

today-

BJJ nite:

Drilled half butterfly guard to triangle, to arm bar, to shoulder lock, back to arm bar based on your partners reaction. Finished with reps to taking back from the same position with an arm drag.

Free roll for 45 min.

today-

Private with my BJJ coach:

Went over maintaining back position and then holding mount. Both some areas I've wanted to put some extra work in on.

35 min of free roll.

today-

Drilled combos on the mitts. Double jabs, to kicks, to hard cross, to sprawl out of takedown effort by mitt holder.

6, 2 min rounds of free sparring. Hands/elbows only, kicks, to takedown thru rounds.

Covered holding mount followed by Americana.

Free roll for 25 min.

6-9-10

Jogged mile in 11:22, and in 15 minutes I got to 1.33 miles. Stretched out really good afterwards, then did some forms work:

TTA white belt form

ATA white belt form

TTA white belt one-steps

ATA white belt one-steps

TTA low orange belt form

ATA low orange belt form

TTA low orange belt one-steps

ATA orange belt one-steps