• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

Ok morning gym did Rear delt rows, triceps push downs, incline hammer curls. After work was feeling crappy so I only went to BJJ it was a light lesson, light mount escapes and sweeps from half guard. Then we did a 45 min roll. I had some good reminders while rolling like when you’re partner out weighs you by 100 lbs and has you in side control with all his weight on you. I really had to slow down and remember not to muscle it and really work on little movements until a created enough space for an escape, all while I am defending his non stop kimura attempts. I’m just glad he had tunnel vision and only had kimura on his mind.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday-

BJJ nite:

Drilled on moving to omo set up then transition to armbar. Put together series after that with partner rolling out. Move to armbar, then modified golgo, then to arm bar again.

45 min free roll

today-

2 mile run

back/bis

abs

15 min cool down with hip work, bridges, shrimps, ect.

today-

BJJ:

Drilled on cross guard positioon to omo plata and then to trianle off counter. Finished with same set up to arm bar.

40 min free roll.

Yesterday I only made it to the gym before work. I did upright rows, close grip bench press, and preacher curls. So far this morning I made it to the gym again and did, squats, lying leg curls, calf raises.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

today-

big one

am:

back/bis

early pm:

bi-annual physical, mainly a 1.5 mile run for time

late pm:

BJJ nite

Drilled on passing open guard and then attacks from the open guard. Including a move to take back.

45 min free roll

now:

a couple of glasses of wine and bedtime. finally.

6-2-10

Jogged for 15 minutes. I got a mile in just over 11 minutes, and topped out at around 6 mph.

TTA white belt form

TTA white belt one-steps (7 total)

ATA white belt form

ATA white belt one-steps (3 total)

TTA lo orange belt form

TTA lo orange belt one-steps (4 total)

ATA orange belt form

ATA orange belt one-steps (3 total)

Then had another good stretch. If I keep this up, I may end up being flexible again.

Bad day for training being that life got in the way. Managed to show to show up late for BJJ and get about 30 min of rolling.

today-

BJJ nite:

Drilled with guard position and control. Moved on to spider. Closed with technical work on spider to triangle to taking back.

40 min free roll.