• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. Stretching led by Sempai

2. Seven basic exercises (SD techniques) with Sempai, the seventh being new to me

3. Practiced intro kata with higher belt student

4. Applications of intro kata moves practiced with Sempai

5. Sparring with Sempai

6. Watched sword kata (live blade) performed by Sensei (was a real treat)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Class tonight! it was a warm lol!

stretched out and warmed up...

worked on spinning hook kicks with the other higher belts while the lower belts worked on crescent kicks....

i learned a new kdm technique tonight!!! it is a cool one! i learned the knife and empty hand application. worked on it most of the class.

not super intense phsyical workout tonight.... but a good night of training

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

today=

Day of CQB live fire. Lot of moving and shooting drills. Ect. Good 8 hours of range time.

Ok I decided to start throwing in my hat. Yesterday I went to the gym before going to work. I am working on a six day a week, 5x5 split routine. So yesterday I did Upright rows, close-grip bench press, and preacher curls. After work I went to the training gym. First up was Judo, we worked on Tani-otoshi for about 20 min and then Koshi-guruma for about 20 min, then Randori for another 20 min. Then went on to train Muay Thai. Did a standard warm up of stretching jumping jacks, running, and shadow boxing for about ten min. Then we worked on using a Teep to set up roundhouses for about 30min, then finally about 20 min of sparring. After Muay Thai, I trained BJJ for the last hour. We worked on butterfly guard, and butterfly sweeps for about a half hour then, got to do about 30 min of rolling. Then I went home and died.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

Ok yesterday morning. I went to the gym and did squats, lying leg curls, calf raises, stiff-legged dead lifts, and calf press. After work I went off to train first to the Dojo trained Shotokan Kihon waza for about 45 min, and 45 min of Kata. I really needed that Kata training since I have really been letting that slip lately. Then I went off to my other gym, did some BJJ worked various triangle escapes, then about a 45 min roll.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

Thursday night class:

• - Before class started, repeated elbow strikes against the makiwara board. Noticed the feel that went with the sound when doing it right or wrong. Elbow strikes were horizontal, shoulder high.

- Stretching exercises led by a higher belt.

- Shihon had me spar against two opponents, both teenagers. (Male teen wore no vest; female did; I did.) If I were fast and rushed straight in and close, could do multiple punches to the chest (no face strikes permitted). If not fast, got a push kick against my vest; had to adapt/change strategy. Worked on being more diagonal than directly forward, and keeping my hands up, even if no face strikes.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Good call on keeping the hands up anyways, Joe. Good habit to get into.

5-26-10

One mile jog, just over 11 minutes. Good stretch afterwards.

5-27-10

One mile jog, just over 11 minutes again. Then I went into the activities room at the gym and did some forms and one-steps.

Did TTA white belt form then ATA white belt form, followed by TTA and ATA one-steps for each. Then did low orange belt TTA form, and orange belt ATA form, followed by the respective one-steps for each. Enjoyed another good stretch after that.