• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey this thread is really neat!!

Tonight i had a two hour training session at my dojo.

saluted in

Stretched out 15 minutes...

Pushups, situps... got in a line and drilled some techniques as a class...

then split up into partners and worked some techniques with partners around a half hour or so....

I worked on kadena de mano drills quite for about an hour with a lower level student which was a great refresher and a chance for me to really get the footwork to perfection.

Then it was weapons time and we worked on relaxing our footwork for the sinawali patterns and i learned the female replacing footwork for sinawali 6 count. which isn't too bad once you get a good rhythm going lol...

then we saluted out 8)

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

Great to see someone else jumping on board here. It's a great place to get training ideas.

I have a very rudimentary grasp of what the sinawali is, but I'm unfamiliar with the kadena de mano drills. What are they?

kadena de mano is one of the three core styles of Inayan eskrima. Literally translated it means "chain of hand". It is a close range stlye that is often, but not always used with knives.

Drills consist of very simple parry, parry check drills to much more advanced back and forth drills.... The goal is to eventually be able to reach free form "flow" where you can just throw any attack and your partner will respond to it with a good block and be able to throw any attack back.

I am not sure how to compare it to karate or other martial arts because I only have experience in this school. let me see if i can't find a video...

AHA!

Here at the very begining of the video you see a couple of eskrimadors practicing kadena de mano drills. I hope that can shed some light on it for you

:)

And i jogged with my dog for 2 miles today! (for me that's good :P )

Cool, thanks. I have seen those motions before, just never studied to know teminology.

am workout-

2 hour free roll.

yesterday pm-

BJJ:

Drilled half guard recovery to spider, followed by gi chooke submission series from half.

45 min free roll.

today-

3 mile run

chest/tris

abs

Nice vid Tzu Logic. I've always been intrigued by Escrima, but have nowhere around to partake.

5-17-2010

Back to class that evening. Good workout with basics and forms, but no sparring. One hour class, 6:00 to 7:00. Sore the next day. After being away for so long, I notice how much the training really does for me.

5-19-10

Mile jog in under 12 minutes. Stretch. Legs tight from class on Monday.

5-20-10

Mile jog in under 12 minutes again, and a funny thing happened....it started to feel kind of...good? It was weird, so I upped my speed and added another quarter mile. Then had another really good stretch out.

Did some heavy bag work tonight at my house... I have wavemaster set up in my basement so i try to get a good routine going...

20 of each kick (20 on each leg so technically 40 of each kick)

same thing with punches (not all strikes, just jabs, crosses, and hooks)

then i worked on boxing combos for about 15 minutes - 4, 3min. rounds with breaks in between.

then for 10 minutes i just tried to do as many kick, punch, elbow, knee, combos as i could while dancing around the bag like i am sparring.

It was only about an hour workout but boy was i sweaty!!! I tried to stretch out good afterwords to improve my flexibility. Then i just walked my dog around the blocka at a very slow pace to cool down.

all in all a good night