• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

Ooh, this is good stuff. Any websites you can recommend, James?

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi baron,

As far as the type of training that I posted there are no websites. It is a result of the research I have done (still doing) within martial arts, kinesiology, body mechanics, and sports conditioning for the last several years. It is my personal training methodology that I have used for a while now with fantastic results.

If you have any questions about it..you can ask here or e-mail me and I would be happy to answer them.

Okay, thanks Jim. I guess I'm not sure what to ask. Maybe you could write brief article about it? :D Nothing like trying to sign someone else up for work...

Conditioning class

Tabatas - (20-25 min)

Cardio - Freestyle.

Abs (flutterkicks)

Legs (lunges)

Arms (pushups)

Cardio - Freestyle (II)

Rope jumping

mitt workout

Ie Chin Ching

Sparring (30 minutes)

"There is no Opponents, because the word "I" does not exist." -Bruce Lee.

3-26-07

Chest and triceps today.

Chest:

Bench press: 185x8, 205x6, 215x4

Incline bench: 135x8, 145x5, 155x4 I noticed an improvement here. :)

Cable Crossovers: 50x10, 60x6, 70x4

Triceps:

Dip machine: 177x10, 186x8, 196x8 Next week, I will up the weight here.

Bench dips: 3x10

Abs:

Decline abs: 3x20

Side raises: 3x25x25 lbs. Added reps to each set here.

Hanging knee raises: 3x12

Did Combat Hapkido from 3:45 - 5:15. Then, I taught Orientation from 5:30 - 6:00. I had Traditional Class from 6:00 - 7:00. Tonight in class, I found a new level in basics. I worked my arms so hard, and it felt very good. They still ache today! Sparring at the end of class was better today as well. I did well sparring the 6'3" 1st dan; I was able to get in close and jam him up. I was surprised that when I fought the 4th dan, that I was able to do the same thing. I fought really well against him, and I usually don't. I took a different attitude this night, and I felt very good about it. I will continue to do the same.

Tonight in class, I found a new level in basics. I worked my arms so hard, and it felt very good. They still ache today! Sparring at the end of class was better today as well. I did well sparring the 6'3" 1st dan; I was able to get in close and jam him up. I was surprised that when I fought the 4th dan, that I was able to do the same thing. I fought really well against him, and I usually don't. I took a different attitude this night, and I felt very good about it. I will continue to do the same.

Glad to hear your training is going well bushido_man96, its these little improvements that make it all worth while.

Tonight in class, I found a new level in basics. I worked my arms so hard, and it felt very good. They still ache today! Sparring at the end of class was better today as well. I did well sparring the 6'3" 1st dan; I was able to get in close and jam him up. I was surprised that when I fought the 4th dan, that I was able to do the same thing. I fought really well against him, and I usually don't. I took a different attitude this night, and I felt very good about it. I will continue to do the same.

Glad to hear your training is going well bushido_man96, its these little improvements that make it all worth while.

Thanks, cross. :)

You inspire me, Bushido Man. Last night I skipped class in order to do my taxes. Tomorrow night is grappling and I just received my new Fairtex MMA gloves today:

http://www.mmawarehouse.com/Fairtex-Ultimate-NHB-Gloves-with-Thumb-p/ftx-1008.htm

They are sweet. I can't wait to try them out. :brow: