• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

9-21-09

Did some work hanging from a bar, just dead hanging, and shrugging my shoulders up and down. Then did 10 assisted pull-ups. Still not feeling the greatest, and activity is tough.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today-

BJJ:

Drilled from open guard, worked butterfly to half butter fly position. Drilled sweep and then movement to X-guard off a post. Second sweep from there. Finished with movement to the side and end with a arm triangle.

Finished with 20 min of constant free roll.

last night we did slow four count kicks of snap, side kicks, round kicks and hook kicks. Then a ten count combination of all. Between sets we did push-ups and sit-ups. Our cool down was sparring. I decided to stay for the next class thinking we would work on forms or something lighter...we did the same thing. (My legs are a little sore today)

today-

back/bis/forearms

1.5 mile run

10 min on Boomer, repping new variant of arm triangle.

today-

Worked through the open guard to butterfly guard transition with my crew. Worked the sweep from here and then into X-guard. Moved on to sweep from there and finished drilling with the armbar from a static situation butterfly guard.

45 min free roll to finish.

last night we did slow four count kicks of snap, side kicks, round kicks and hook kicks. Then a ten count combination of all. Between sets we did push-ups and sit-ups. Our cool down was sparring. I decided to stay for the next class thinking we would work on forms or something lighter...we did the same thing. (My legs are a little sore today)

Yikes, man. What a leg-killer!

9-25-09

Aikido: 4:20 - 5:00. One-on-one time with the sempai, and it was good time, too. We worked on only two techniques: Katatetori Shihonage (same side wrist grab, 4 directions throw) and Shomenuchi Iriminage (downward strike to head, entering throw). We did shihonage first, and spent a bulk of the time on it, and then iriminage second. We slowed down both of them, and I really focused on the "hookup" of the techniques; the very beginning of each, making the connection and setting everything else up. It was great work, and I came away with some things to consider. It also happens that these were 1) two of the techniques we covered at the seminar, and 2) both are required techniques for my next testing.

9-27-09

Sit-ups: 10, 20

Crunches: 10

Did some running today, too. Not much, but some.

9-28-09

Back to the gym today.

Chest/ab superset

Bench press: 185x8, 5, 5

Push-ups: 15, 10, 10

Crunches: 3x30

all continuous.

Assisted pull-ups: 3x10

Leg press: 225x15x3