• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

today-

BJJ nite:

Worked from open guard. Drilled sweep, this was a chance to go over some material I'd had before and really pick apart some of the fine points I was missing during free roll and clean them up. Moved on to a triangle from the same position, and finally an armbar.

We finished class time by doing 15 min of live drilling from the open guard. Worked the movements from tonight against resistance. Rotated through multiple people to work against different energy.

Fast free roll at the end. A single round of 15 min. Then race to work.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today-

BJJ nite:

Worked from open guard in a spider variant. Started with drill to triangle, then to sweep from a different energy. Then we moved to a switch to taking back and finally a sweep from there.

Finsihed with a 30 min free roll.

9-9-09

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. Taught tonight. It was the first class for 2 new students, so I spent a bit more time on basics.

Bike: Total of 11 minutes.

9-10-09

Leg press: 320x15x3

Crunches: 50x3

Dead lift: 315x3 then 275x2, 275x5, 225x5

Reverse crunches: 50x3

Power cleans: 155x5x3

Double crunches: 50x3

These were done in the order that they are listed, and then I went back through the list again, repeating it 3 times. I listed it this way to save space. So, it was done more like a circuit.

Dumbell workout

Reverse flies: 20x15x2, 15x15

Upright rows: 25x15x3

Shrugs: 40x15x3

Hammer curls: 30x15, 25x15x2

Lateral raises: 20x15x3

9-11-09

Regular grip pull-ups: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10

Reverse grip pull-ups: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10

....all of these were assisted pull-ups.

Upperbody cycle: 2 minutes to complete the cycle, then rest with the time thats left. Then, do it again.

Push-ups: 10

Crunches: 10

Wide-grip push-ups: 10

Reverse crunches: 10

Triceps push-ups: 10

Left/right crunches: 10/10

I only got through 2 cycles of this, and boy was it tough. The workout actually called for 10 cycles....so, I have a long ways to go.

Cardio: bike for 20 minutes @ 90+rpms.

Ok, bushido man, that thing looks like a bear. Nicely done.

Sat-

Spent about 45 tree climbing with my brother in law who trims for a side job. So, it's not really training, but I pulled on, and tossed enough rope that it felt like it.

today-

2.5 mile run

legs/forarms/abs

15 min on Boomer. Repped series from open guard: triangle, sweep, take back. Drilled gi choke from side at the end of the sweep.

Thanks, tg. I sometimes feel a bit defeated when I look at what the workout calls for, and then at how much I get through. But, I'll keep plugging at it. Maybe by the end of the year, I'll be able to do a full pull-up without help.

9-11-09

Aikido seminar: 7:00 - 9:00 pm.

9-12-09

Aikido seminar: 8:30 - 11:30 am; 2:00 - 4:30 pm. Little sore after this session.

9-13-09

Aikido seminar: 9:00 - 10:30 am. Details on the Aikido seminar posted here: http://www.karateforums.com/aikdio-club-seminar-for-2009-vt37152.html

today-

chest/tris

BJJ nite:

Worked from open guard again, drilling triangle to sweep set up again. Added a transition to an X guard off of a post out situation on the sweep. Finished with a clearing motion out of the X guard.

Drilled live from the open guard in round robin fashion for 3 rounds.

15 min free roll. Having to run to work early stinks.

today-

9, 2 min rounds. Start with jab, double cross to work on hip movement. Add limb destruction to mitt holders hook and end of combo. Move on to arm wrap via over hook after destruction. Add brachial plexus strike with the other hand, same motion as the limb destruction. Finish with lock in to clavicle and takedown.

Moved into 30 min of knife v. club work building off the limb destruction movements. Started with destruction with the knife and follow up cuts. Then added same locking movements off the other side for drilling sake while adding the knife mechanics. Covered some what if's from that position.

Finished with a brief overview of the x-guard. I know, it doesn't fit but I can't stay off the ground these days.