• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

today-

BJJ nite:

Worked from side mount. Reviewed neck work from last week, then moved into armbar on the far side. Finsihed by overcoming grab counter.

45 min of free roll.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today-

2.5 hour seminar with Charuto Verissimo. Mainly worked out of spider guard and drilled attack series and options. Transitioned to De'lriva guard and worked from there in the same fashion. Finished with some gi specific attacks from side mount.

30 min free roll at end. Focused on putting the days lessons into use. Had some real success with that as well as repping some things from last week.

Great time and a heck of a good seminar. Lots of stuff packed into a real good teaching package. Learned alot.

7-17-09

Today I went as a guest to the facility that my wife signed up at, so I worked on some different machines, and did a few things that I don't usually get to do.

Warm-up

5 minutes of walking on treadmill, incline of 10.

Weights

Assisted pull-ups: 84x6

Rear deltoid: 84x10, 108x8, 9 fail

Vertical butterfly: 108x10, 120x10

Deltoid raise: 84x9, 10 fail

Lower back: 204x10x3

Leg curl: 144x7, 8 fail, 132x10

Leg extension: 120x10x2

Leg press: 204x10x2

Triceps push-down: 95x10, 100x10

Calf raise: 90x10, 70x10x2

Bench press: 135x10, 205x10

Power clean: 125x10, 150x6

Pull-ups: 2 partial

today-

BJJ nite:

Drilled more from entering the spider guard frmo full. Worked on really gettnig the hip motion needed to set up submissions and sweeps rom here. Finished by drilling triange and sweep from the spider.

Free roll for 50 min. Spent time really relaxing and transitioning from position to position. Didn't focus on using pysical attirbutes to get things done, really worked thru lots of technique. Including some I'm not that good at to try and build my skill set more. Good roll came out of this.

today-

4 mile run

chest/tris/abs

20 min or reps on Boomer (my 5 year old's name for the grappling dummy). Set up spider guard, triangle, swept to mount. Then drilled transition to side and sub series from there.

am-

6, 2 min rounds of sparring drills. Start with slipping the jab, add bobbing from the hook, work in conjunction. Finish with limited engagement sparring with the above combos.

3, 2 min rounds of boxing work.

3, 2 min rounds of kickboxing.

15 min drill of escaping half guard

4, 2 min drills of escaping side mount.

1, 3 min round of free roll. Really focused on working the newer stuff I've been learning here. Went well.

pm-

6, 2 min rounds of the same drills from the am. I just felt like sparring today, as well as spending time drilling the slip myself.

Added 3, 2 min rounds of adding a double leg takedown onto the end of the above drill. Started by switching and in controlled set ups, finished with limited engagement sparring on it.

3, 2 min rounds of sparring, boxing and the double leg only.

20 min review of passing guard and drilling reps of various escapes.

2, 3 min rounds of rolling for escape of the guard only.

7-20-09

Weights

Bench press (free weights): 185x9

Row: 200x6, 7 fail

Military press (free): 95x10

Lat pull-down: 170x6, 7 fail

Bicep curl: 70x7, 8 fail

Triceps push-down: 165x7

Leg extensions: 130x10, 10

Leg curls: 160x12, 12

Gripper: 30x15x3

Leg press: 228x10, 240x10

Decline crunches: 15x10x3

MA session

Combat Hapkido: 9:30 - 10:30. Worked through trapping drills and some combinations strings.

7-21-09

Dumbell Punching - 5 lbs each hand

Jab: 3x10 each side

Cross: 3x10 each side, hitting the bag as well.

Bag Work

Punching work: 3 rounds

Front leg round kick: 10 each leg; right leg pulled on the groin a bit.

Front leg side kick: 3x10 each leg, trying not to telegraph.

7-23-09

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:30. I felt like I had some more to put into basics tonight, and I felt really worked. I think I might have zipped through my form a bit fast, but the instructor didn't comment on too much, so maybe it was pretty decent. I did get to spar a 2 minute continuous round with one of the first degrees, and although I think I could have performed a bit better, I didn't feel totally spent after the match. I would have needed more than a minute break to go again, though. I need to get some more sparring in, like doing some round robin work, to get a bit more used to hanging in there. We finished with some back and forth drill work, and then stretched.

yesterday-

am-

back/bis

pm-

BJJ nite:

Focused on variations of holding side control. Then worked round robins of moving thru them with transitions. Finished drilling by adding knee in belly option and having partner feed one of two submissions. Really good drill.

I focused alot on north/south and streamlining my posture off it. Made good progress.