• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

I started the Warrior-x Program yesterday (ATA's version of P90X). Very well organized and easy to use...I'll keep you posted on the progress.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today-

6, 2 min rounds of basic combos. add movement, finish by adding defense.

15 min of work incorporating tripping takedown into above combo.

15 min of drilling escapes from guard and mount

4,3 min rounds of drilling these movements live, or (higher levels of experience) drilling free roll from negative positions. I specifically worked the z mount during the free roll.

2, 3 min rounds of adding strikes to bottom man from above drill

finished with 4, 3 min rounds of free roll from knees

2, 3 min rounds of free roll from standing

had a couple of new people tonight so we slowed the pace down to really work on basic strikes and posture.

I started the Warrior-x Program yesterday (ATA's version of P90X). Very well organized and easy to use...I'll keep you posted on the progress.

8)

Are you an ATA black belt, Heidi?

6-10-09

While on our walk tonight (1 mile)....

Alternating leg bounds: 3x10

Alternating middle blocks: 10

Alternating outside blocks: 10

Alternating down blocks: 10

Alternating knifehand strikes: 10

Alternating backfist strikes: 10

Alternating punches: 10

100 Push-ups

Week 4, Day 2: 25, 29, 25, 25, 36 = 140

I also appear to be nursing a slight groin pull. I'm not sure where that came from, but I don't like it one bit.

8)

No. There was a nice article in one of the Trade Journals I get and it interested me so I checked it out. Anyone can use the workout right from the website...very convenient!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

today-

legs

1 mile run

3, 3 min rounds on BOB. Start with combos, add folding strikes, finish by adding kicks at range.

8)

No. There was a nice article in one of the Trade Journals I get and it interested me so I checked it out. Anyone can use the workout right from the website...very convenient!

8)

Ah, cool. Thanks for the info.

I asked because I as a 2nd degree in the ATA prior to my current organization. So I was just curious. :)

today-

6, 3 min rounds on the mitts. Start off with jab, cross, cover. Add elbow, loaded jab, add uppercuts. Then move to having the mitt holder throw in a shot, trainee counters via a sprawl. Finish with a MT round counter.

20 min or drilling on the double leg that we touched on in the above drill for a shot.

Moved to ground. 15 min of position review for newer people. Add a short submission series.

7, 3 min rounds for free roll to finish.

6/12

5:30 AM 30 min jog

8:30-9:45 AM Warm up 4x2 min heavy bag rounds. Then repeated practice of techniques and combos

1:30-3:00 PM 30 min of kihon, 30 min of combinations, 30 min of kata

4:45-5:45 PM

-10 min jumprope

-Circuit of 40 Hindu Pushups followed by 75 crunches x 3 (1 min break inbetween each circuit)

-4,5,6 pullups then 6,5,4 chinups

-Circuit of 35 Squats followed by 10 vertical jumps x 3 (1 min break inbetween each circuit)

-For Grip, a Circuit of hanging from a pullup bar for 30 secs followed by 10 finger pushups x 3 (10 sec break inbetween each circuit)

6/13

-45 min swimming

The statement below is true.

The statement above is false.

6-12-09

Weights

Bench press: 235x5, 6 fail

Row: 200x6, 7 fail

Military press: 125x6, 7 fail

Lat pull-down: 170x8, 9 fail, go up

Leg extensions: 175x10

Leg curls: 205x12

Machine curl: 60x6, 7 fail

Triceps push-down: 180x6, 7 fail

6-13-09

DT session: 9:30 - 11:00. Covered defenses against single and double leg takedowns. Then worked on passing guard. We had a couple of gals in the session this day, and I worked with them a few times. The instructor made the point that it is important to work with females as well as males, and that a common problem when attempting to control a female in the LEO business is the tendency to "lighten up" because they are a female. The gals I worked with were very scrappy, and they could squirm and move, and really make life difficult for a novice like me. It was a pretty good session, but I wish we could have gone on a bit longer.