bushido_man96

4-20-09

Weights

Bench press: 225x7, 8 fail

Row: 190x7, 8 fail

Military press: 125x5, 6 fail

Lat pull-down: 160x, 8 fail

Leg extensions: 160x8, 9 fail

Leg curls: 190x12 I am quite a bit stronger in the hams than the quads...

Curls: 60x6

Triceps push-down: 180x6, 7 fail

MA workout

Aikido: 9:00 - 10:00 Focused on cleaning things up for testing this week. I think I'm ready to go.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great idea; I keep a calendar that is my workout journal; I record my workout and how I felt. It's a bit more generic than this - I just note what muscle groups I worked and distance and times for cardio events and generic sporting events.

As a personal trainer running coach I recommend that everybody keeps some sort of exercise log. It's a great way to get feedback on your fitness, and it's motivating. Too many blank days and folks feel guilty!

Bushido, I gotta ask; is the 60lb curl with a bar, dumbbells, or a machine?

bushido man did help us all out when he started this for sure.

today-

1/5 mile run

chest/tris

today-

Started in on a new weight regimine. It's a high rep, timed scheme that shows some promise for the kind of things I need it for. Anyway:

1 mile run

dealts/traps

cool down with knife work. patterns are coming together, just tightening them up. also experimenting with follow up work and integratind an unarmed componant to the patterns. We'll see about that last part.

bushidoman, let us know how the test and test prep goes.

Last night was my night off (I work midnights, so usually my "evening" is 8am in the morning) so usually I stay up so it doesn't affect my sleep schedule. It's technically a day off for me right now, but since I've missed a few workouts due to court and overtime I decided what the heck, let's do this.

I'm there with you, Kuma. I work 11-7am, so I know what you're feeling.

4-21-09

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:30. Our instructor has decided to extend our Tuesday and Thursday classes an extra half-hour, which is good, because now we can get more sparring work in. With that said, we got to spar tonight, and I really felt like I sucked pretty bad. My training buddy that moved recently was back in town, so we got to spar together. He is 6'3", and I did manage a head kick or two on him, but he mangled me pretty good, too. After class, he said that he got more head kicks on me than he used to; I think I need to work on getting my hands back up. We also did 3 person sparring: 2 on 1, until we all had to be the "1," and then we did an all-for-one, every man for himself, but we only used hand techniques for this match. Afterwards, I was pretty well gassed.

Bushido, I gotta ask; is the 60lb curl with a bar, dumbbells, or a machine?

Its on a curl machine; I forget what it is called exactly, but I can throw it out here later in the week. It has three spots to put the weights, and each is supposed to work the bi a bit differently. I just put the weights on the middle rung, and go with it.

bushido man did help us all out when he started this for sure.

Thanks, tallgeese. :) For a while when I started it out, it was just me going on it. I'm glad to see that we've picked up a few regulars. Now, looking at everyone's workouts, I can keep hoping that I'll be as good and strong as you are someday. :D

I'll let everyone know how testing goes. Thursday is the day!

today-

3, 3 min rounds at 30% warm up and roll for position.

10 min of rep work on escaping and position work out of the half guard.

10 min repping the Babro out of half guard

3, 3 min rounds free roll from knees

3, 3 min rounds free roll from feet

back/abs

2.5 mile run

4-22-09

Cardio

Bike: after a warm up, I did 5 minutes at just over 100 rpms, then rested at around 90 rpms for 5 minutes. I did this twice, and rode for 20 minutes. Light stretch afterwards.

am-

1 mile jog

bicep/tris/forearms

1/2 mile at incline

cool down with knife work

pm-

30% roll for position to warm up, look for set ups

10 min review/rep half guard escapes and counter from yeasterday

10 min added offense from half to drill

3, 3 min rounds free roll from knees coaching from outside

3, 3 min rounds takedowns only

1, 5 min match at speed with coaching from feet for everyone

2.5 mile run

collapse in agony. seriously, this is fun?

bushido man, isn't this the Thrus. in question? Let us know about the test. Good luck.