bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it could be. If you don't eat, your blood sugar gets low, and that could cause your lightheadedness.

3-18-09

Cardio: 15 minutes on the bike. While I was on the bike, one of my old training buddies who is back in town for the week showed up to kick around. So, I cut my bike ride short to chat and work out a bit with him. We worked out for about 20 minutes, doing some Do-Kangs, and then started on some one-steps.

It really sucked when this guy left, because he was that guy in class with me that really pushed me, and I pushed him. We really worked off of each other, and made sure to keep motivating each other and all that stuff. He should be in class tomorrow night, too.

I agree, if you're low on nutirents it cuold very easily cause the problem.

I havent' competed much at all in the past 8 years or so. Espically in shoot or mma. I have done the odd grappling tourney here and there. I was looking forward to this naga, I've been really focusing on the ground the last couple years. Oh well, the young guys I have should keep me working for the next one.

Good you got to train with your old partner. It's a bummer when you loose a guy like that.

today-

3, 2 min rounds on the body guard and mitt gloves of:

head/upper body movement evasion, counter with strikes to the body, add strikeing high as well. Finish with tie up and knees. Then have the holder grab the last knee for high single. Striker defends by posting our and getting leg back

Repped leg kicks for a bit with one of the guys who dosn't kick much. Back leg as well as front to the inner quad.

20 min instructinal block on working from guard, part of sweep series and a couple of submissions

4, 2 min rounds of grappling from guard exclusively. Bottom man works sweeps and submissions, top guy works for escape. If either is acheived you restart, same position.

5, 3 min rounds free roll from standing.

3-19-09

100 Push-ups: exhaustion test - 30. I really feel like I wimped out on this one. I was hoping to get closer to 40.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. I tried to work some angles and closing in during sparring. It went ok, but I think I'm going to do some more drilling on these things outside of sparring, so I can get some work on them.

today-

3, 3 min 40 % roll for position for warm up.

20 min drill on escaping mount, side work, move to north/south

3, 3 min rounds from knees, all start from negitive position

7, 3 min rounds from standing, free roll

15 min kinfe work, drilled my new patterns vs. full speed attack with an armored wepon hand for the attacker. Results went well.

3-20-09

Weights

Bench press: 225x7, 8 fail

Row: 180x6, 7 fail

Military press: 125x6, 7 fail

Lat pull-down: 170x5, 6 fail

Machine curl: 55x6, 7 fail

Triceps push-down: 180x4, 5 fail

Ab wheel: 12, 10, 6

Cable trunk twist: 70x10, 80x10 each side

3-22-09

Aikitaisos

Irimi: 10 each side

Tenkan tenkai: 3x10 each side

Tenkan w/step: 2x10 each side

Shomen: 2x10 each side

Shomen w/step: 2x10 each side

3-23-09

Weights

Bench press: 225x7, 8 fail

Row: 180x7, 8 fail

Military press: 125x6, 7 fail

Lat pull-down: 170x5, 6 fail

Machine curl: 55x7, 8 fail

Triceps push-down: 180x5

Lunges: 10 each side

Ab wheel: 12, 10

Cable trunk twists: 80x10, 10 on each side

Cardio: Bike for 25 minutes, then had a good stretch.

Repeating round kicks: 3 sets of 5 on each side, with each rep being two kicks. I was working on doing one to the middle section, and then following up to the high section. Last week, the instructor mentioned that he would like for me to try doing a multi-level board break with the round kicks, instead of the power breaks that I usually do. He wants to use me to show flexibility with power, or the like. What the heck, I'll give it a try.

MA work out (9:15 - 10:00)

TKD: 9:15 - 9:50. We worked on some ring sparring drills for the upcoming tournament. I won't be competing, but the 1st dan that meets with me on Monday mornings will be going, so we're getting some extra sparring work in for him.

Aikido: 9:50 - 10:00. We spent 10 minutes here working on Nikkyo. It was pretty much just an intro to the technique for me, but we can fine tune things later. We had to beat feet out of the school at 10:00 because the instructor's girlfriend teaches tumbling classes. Oh well.