• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

today-

3, 2 min rounds on the mitt gloves. Spontanous response to presented targets with defese.

20 min instructinal block and drilling on side mount offense

3, 3 min round free roll from the knees

7, 3 min rounds of free roll from standing

my takedown game is getting much more aggressive, the focus on it during the free periods is paying off. The high single is working good any my double leg is getting soother as well. Will start trying to chain stuff together now.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to see gains in your skill development, tallgeese. Hard work paying off, eh? :)

3-13-09

Weights

Bench press: 215x8, 9 fail (but man it was close!)

Row: 160x8, 9 fail (this one too!)

Military press: 125x5, 6 fail

Lat pull-down: 160x7

Machine curl: 50x8, 9 fail

Triceps push-down: 165x9, 1 fail

Ab wheel: 10, 8, 6 (tummy should be sore tomorrow).

Cardio: Bike for 25 minutes. Then a good stretch.

We got an email last night at work with feedback on the open-mat DT time we had at the college a few weeks back, and it was good. There was also a schedule out of upcoming dates, with one Saturday for each of the next 4 months set aside. I look forward to the training opportunities.

Yeah, thanks :) .

It's really alot of western wrestling that I'm working hard on integrating to my game. I've got a few guys who've done alot of it so I'm capatalizing. I've trainied with wrestlers before during my college years, but mainly in working on defending the shot and such. Now, I'm really trying to be aggressive with its use.

Prior to that, my takedown game consited of leg sweeps, the occassionaly body lock takedown and pulling to guard.

My Wrestling game is pretty lame. I did it in 8th grade, pretty much sucked at it (I wasn't all that athletic, either), and never went back to it. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have stuck with it, just for the knowledge of the ground game.

3-15-09

100 Push-ups

Week 5, Day 3: 13, 13, 15, 15, 12, 12, 10, 30 = 120. Time for another exhaustion test.

3-16-09 (Session 1)

Weights

Bench press: 225x6, 7 fail

Row: 170x8, 9 fail

Military press: 125x4, 5 fail

Lat pull-down: 160x8, 9 fail

Machine curls: 50x9

Triceps push-down: 180x4

Ab wheel: 2x10

Combat Hapkido: 9:00 - 9:50. We really focused on the orange belt material, working on a few techniques that needed some focus. We also worked a few of the strikes, working on the hook and uppercut a bit.

Aikido: 9:50 - 10:00. We spent the last 10 minutes of our hour on Aikido, focusing on Nikkyo. I am feeling improvements here, too. Talking to my workout partner, he said that the sensei has invited him to test this May. He will test for eithe 7th or 6th kyu, which I thought was good for him.

today-

modified crossfit:

21- (63/45/27 descending each time thru for the dips)-9

of

shoulder press

dips

push ups

chest/tris

today-

20 min warm up with 30-40% effort rolls for position.

25 min of work on escaping the mount, bumps, shrimping, in series

6, 30 sec. drills- escaping mount

3, 3 min rolls from knees

5, 3 min roll from standing

starting to ramp up to the naga at the end of april. we've got several guys going. Unfortunately, my sister in law was inconsiderate enough to schedule her wedding that weekend :) , so I'm not going to be able do it.

Ah, those pesky weddings....well, it only happens once (hopefully...).

Just out of curiousity, Alex, do you still compete?

3-16-09 (Session 2)

I was hoping that session 2 would include a DT session, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.... :cry:

So, I settled for 25 minutes on the bike, and then a stretch.