• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-11-09

100 Push-ups

Week 4, Day 2: 20, 25, 20, 20, 28 = 113. I actually failed on #27 on the last set, but then put one more out. Week 4 seems to be my breaking point here. We'll see how day 3 goes.

Decline abs: 2x15

Leg press: 320x10 need to go up.

Cardio: Bike for 25 minutes, then stretched.

today-

1 mile walking on treadmill on full incline

crossfit:

21-15-9 reps of

95 lbs. thruster

pull ups

1/2 mile run

Home--before class

Leg stretches

Front swing kicks

Kicking exercises lying on floor:

- roundhouse and side kicks

Class

- kicks against kick shield

- sparring combos

- demonstration of highest form according to belt

- choice of form

- free sparring*

Spoke with my teacher after class to request Ki Cho callout practice when she can spare some special time for me next week.

Home--after class

- Pyung Ahn Cho Dan

- Chil Sung E Ro Hyung

- Pyung Ahn E Dan

*I threw one punch and one kick, that's all, against my first sparring partner, doing nothing but blocks against his kicks (and the lesser number of punches he threw). I again threw only one punch against my second sparring partner, a quick teenager, who I asked to keep trying to punch me in the face (although he threw a few kicks). Purpose of both was to practice my blocking using the high guard position, not getting careless and dropping my guard because it's non-contact. Some leg blocks were by raising my leg, so I don't neglect that move.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I like training rounds here and there in a very similar fashion joe. It gives you the opportunity to work on very specific aspects of your game.

today-

1/4 mile run

crossfit modified)

5 rounds of:

95 lbs. sumo deadlift high pulls

10 dips

3/4 mile on treadmill, max elevation

Home--before class

Leg stretches

Front swing kicks

Kicking exercises lying on floor:

- roundhouse and side kicks

Class--self-defense JuJitsu; my Soo Bahk Do teacher took class with us today, as she reviews from time-to-time what she'd studied with Sensei in the past

- front push-kicks against partner approaching with kick shield (wall right behind me to simulate real life)

- blocks against hooks to head and ribs, then against straight punch to solar plexus (again, wall behind me)

- block hook while striking face or chest, then maneuver for hip throw; as beginner student, allowed to lift opponent over hip/leg, but not throw over

- redirect shove so can turn opponent, then drop down to do takedown to have him fall on his side; "climbed" on hands and knees over his body up to chest, sat in squat position (not a sprawl) to give room to strike

- redirect shove so can strike upper arm to shock elbow, then twist so that opponent's arm over my shoulder for pulldown elbow break

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

This is the first I am seeing of this thread, and I think I will join in. Obviously it's too late this evening. But I will start tomorrow, and it's a class night tomorrow night!