• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

2/13

Drilled more North / South position. Kimura variant to Bow and Arrow.

60 min free roll.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the years that I've been a member here at KF, I've enjoyed reading this forum quite a lot. Not that this might mean a lot, but I'm proud of the dedication that I read from KF members that post in this thread.

Thank you for giving me that moment of reflection!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

12/14

same as 13. 60 min free roll

12/16

Drilled escaping bottom side with the underhook. To back, to bow and arrow.

30 min free roll.

PTK: 1 hour of flow. Knife, stick, then double knife.

For all of the years that I've been a member here at KF, I've enjoyed reading this forum quite a lot. Not that this might mean a lot, but I'm proud of the dedication that I read from KF members that post in this thread.

It does mean a lot, Bob! Glad you've enjoyed the thread. I think this was Brian's brainchild and it's been an excellent accountability tool.

February 15

3 mile walk (walk your belly flat)+ 10 min abs

Yesterday I didn't do anything and I feel guilty, because I should have (following Leslie Sansone's program)

I feel pain in all the right places, except the tummy, even after abs, even after tightening the belly during an hour of excersice. What must a girl do to achieve that?

Still haven't achieved discipline in my eating habits. I'm working on that but easier said than done. I know exactly what to do, but do I do it? :roll:

2/18

Drilled guard recovery from bottom side to half guard. Finish with kimura. 20 min open mat.

It does mean a lot, Bob! Glad you've enjoyed the thread. I think this was Brian's brainchild and it's been an excellent accountability tool.

Thank you, Alex!!

This is Brian's idea? Now, that's very cool!! I do agree that this forum is an excellent accountability tool for the MAist...after all, we are accountable for our training!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

2/21

Day 1 of PTK camp dealing with the topic of the Seguidas, or controlling the center line.

2/22

Day 2. Tone of forms, application, and flow work at both distance sparring and technical sparring.

Two 8-9 hour days at this pace....I'm eating some anti inflammatory meds for my dying shoulder, getting a drink, and trying to to more for the rest of the night.

Thank you, Alex!!

This is Brian's idea? Now, that's very cool!! I do agree that this forum is an excellent accountability tool for the MAist...after all, we are accountable for our training!!

:D

I'm glad you've been enjoying it, Bob! I enjoy reading what everyone else is doing, and it helps me stay motivated, as well.

02/12/2015

10 minutes of work on Taegeuk 1, with focus on the walking stances, especially the width of them. I'm trying to get closer and closer to ending on the starting point.

Wrestling: 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Did lots of stance work with movement, staying low with a good base. My legs got tired! Also worked stand-ups.

02/16/2015

Wrestling: 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Stance work, double leg takedowns, stand-ups.