• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6/6

Drilled PTK knife work.

Moved into Jitsu class for the evening and covered scissors sweep and then scissor to flower sweep.

40 min free roll.

Finish with double stick and footwork from PTK.

7/6

Tournament......sharing ideas and exchanging views all day long!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

5/29/2014

Testing: 5:10 - 6:00 for Little Lions, 6:30 - 8:00 for regular TKD students.

6/2/2014

TKD class: Taught from 6:00 - 7:00. There were only 2 kids in class, so I did form with them. Chon Ji through Hwa Rang, 9 forms in all. For the forms that each of them struggled with, I had them do twice more, once at my count, and then at their count. After forms, I paired them up to do one-steps, and they got through white and lo-orange. Hit some technical aspects that I want them to be focused on when they help lower ranks with one-steps.

6/3/2014

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:20. Warmed up with some spot work on my form, Choong Jang. Class was forms review, doing Chon Ji, Dan Gun, Do San, Won Hyo, Yul Gok, Hwa Rang, and Choong Jang. After that, we did kicking on the target paddles. FL front kicks, FL round kicks, BL round kicks, FL round/switch foot round, BL drop kicks, and some spinning hook kicks. A good stretch afterwards.

6/9/2014

Kids workout: 12:30 - 1:30. Worked with Kendall on Wrestling: double leg takedown and single leg sweep, stand-ups and switches from both sides, Iowa from snaps and sprawls, and then some stance work. After that, I worked on some TKD with Kendall, doing our basic orientation. We did punches from sitting stance, our front stance down block, stepping and punching in front stance, and also down block/face punch in front stance. Finished with knife hand strike in back stance. We'll get it down, I have faith. :)

6/8

Drilled 16 count pattern followed by flow drill with the sticks. Moved into some fun Illustrisimo sparring drills.

6/9

Drilled arm bar from guard. Moved into lapel wrap for control on arm bar. Add wrist lock to front of arm bar. Finished with lapel choke options to counter to armbar.

40 min free roll

9/6

Light session 2hr Kihon!

100 situps

75 pushups

50 squats

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.